“A Top Quality Chef”

The Mission
Ranked #41 of 801 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: USD 4 - USD 29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our mission is to ensure that you are looked after on your visit with personal service and a warm welcome. The majority of the food on our menu is produced on the premises. Designed to offer something for everyone the menu has dishes that range from £2.95 to £18.95 for maincourses with a choice of starters and desserts if required. Let us invite you to indulge in a charming and intimate dining experience with non-pretentious menus that are composed solely to impress the customers who eat them not just the other chefs that read them.From having a break from work and eating from our new lunch menus or enjoying evening A La Carte you will have an experience to remember.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this twice whilst on a short break in the city. On the first occasion there were two of us and we selected from the set lunch menu. We both had fish cakes as starters, they were perfection. I had fish my partner chose the burger. Again both were cooked and presented exquisitely. We returned with my wife’s mother the following day to check this wasn’t a flook. It wasn’t, we all chose different courses from the previous day and they were all cooked and presented in a manner worthy of a Michelin graded restaurant.
There was a good choice of wines. The house wine by the glass was pleasant.
We were told that the Executive chef was in residence that week. I don’t know if The Mission has other establishments which may cause a rotation of chefs. Suffice to say the one we had was at the top of his game.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Whilst I really like the setting of the Mission, the decoration and furniture are now looking very tired and it could do with a refurb.

As a starter, I chose the asparagus with egg, Parmesan and truffle oil priced at £7. I was shocked when this arrived to see a fried egg on top of 4 small asparagus spears with a teaspoon of grated Parmesan chucked around the plate. I love truffle but could barely taste anything.

The main course of fillet steak at £25 was fine but nothing special.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The service was discreet and attentive, the food superior, and the setting exceptional. We will definitely be back when next we visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Today was not our first visit to the Mission and the food had never failed to impress. The waitress is always friendly, is very attentive and remembered me as soon as I walked through the door which is always a lovely sign of a good host.

If I had to pick fault on this visit it would only be that my main dish came out different than described on menu, which was a apologised for, explained as a printing error and corrected straight away.

The only other thing I could say about the venue as such is with such a beautiful decor and relaxed setting the music doesn’t really suit the ambiance that I feel they are trying to create, other than that I could pick a fault with anything.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Lovely atmosphere in this old building but slightly difficult to find but worth the effort! An excellent lunch and staff were very helpful and attentive.