“Stunning Food, service, experience”
Review of KuKu

KuKu
Ranked #8 of 804 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Had high expectations after being told how good it was and certainly not disappointed. For the standard of food and drink not too expensive and worth every penny. Great ambience; especially at the sushi bar and fabulous cocktails to finish.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Best in Plymouth is not a high bar... but this place is very good indeed. Highlights included the gin based "Girl In Pink" cocktails, seared niku, tuna nigiri and the crispy duck

All the sushi was good and even the deserts - especially the ginger creme brulee were decent.

The staff, the atmosphere, the look... it all adds up to a great experience. I will be back very soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Nipped in on the off chance we could get a table as its normally so busy apparently you have to book!We were in luck and they had a cancellation so the table for 2 was ours!Very stylish inside with a great atmosphere!The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes! Excellent choice and the food was fresh and delicious! Definitely recommend visiting!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2018

So the other half found out about this place from a guy that he works with that regularly eats at Kuku (he knows the owners). Anyway I am a big fan of sushi and have gradually persuaded the other half that he would like it too, we have now been to kudu a handful of times and always had a good meal. The only thing I have ever had and not liked is one of the cocktails but that was down to my own taste.
So the other half now suggests for us to eat at kudu, I chose it as the place I wanted to go for my birthday and it will be my choice for a meal out when in Plymouth from now on.
My favourite thing on the menu is the kudu plata.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Food is very well presented and is high quality for which you pay a premium compared to Yukisan which is equally good but not as much effort when it comes to presentation.
Parking is by meter and the parking wardens are active!
Friendly helpful staff.