“Excellent accommodation!”

Chi Oriental Restaurant
Chi Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Chi Rooms are just lovely. So very comfortable and well thought out. Above the local Thai & Chinese restaurant in Kenton just around the corner from Powderham Castle. I stayed for 3 nights, as l was attending a wedding on the Saturday at the castle. Stephen and Sui are charming hosts and nothing is too much trouble. All the staff were friendly and helpful too. You can eat downstairs at the restaurant in a separate room for hotel guests at a discounted price. Good food. I arrived late due to a flight delay and they reopened the kitchen for me and offered me a glass of wine too. I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I went to the Chi restaurant in Kenton this evening and we had an absolutely lovely meal here tonight, my girlfriend and I both really enjoyed everything, great service and I would highly recommend here to anyone!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Just visited the restaurant,so cannot comment on hotel but looks nice. Friendly welcome. Restaurant has a relaxing feel to it with chill music playing softly in the background. The food is great. Attentive staff. One of the best Chinese restaurants I have eaten in while in Devon.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2017

The restaurant very good, the room poor. The breakfast at £9,50 each was a joke.toast barely bread, fridge cold uncooked tomatoes, omelet chinese style scramble. Served on Chinese black plates in the reception!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank darrellsenior
ChiRestaurant, Owner at Chi Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Mr Senior,
It is disappointing that you have chosen to air your complaint on Tripadvisor rather than let us know personally so we could try and rectify any issues.

We are a small family run business.
I can assure you that we do not treat any aspect of our business as a joke.
We are proud of the fact that until now, our reviews on our breakfast have been very positive.
I am sorry to hear that on this occasion, we failed to deliver.
If I could trouble you to contact us, I will be more than happy to reimburse you for your breakfast.
Your feedback is much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We booked Chi Oriental for an overnight stay at a half way point on a journey to south Devon. We booked on the basis of the many excellent reviews and were not disappointed in the slightest.
Upon arrival had a very friendly welcome which included hosts offering us the choice of table in the restaurant for that evening to reserve, which was lovely given that restaurant was fully booked as valentines.
Food was excellent, some of the best oriental food we have eaten in this country. Staff were very personable and genuinely lovely.
Rooms were very clean, well presented and spacious.
Only slight negative comment would be that if we were light sleepers (which luckily we would are not) you could hear faint noise and music from somewhere after we had gone to bed.
Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
5 km away
14.2 km away
Culm Vale Country House
Culm Vale Country House
#1 of 1 in Stoke Canon

Been to Chi Oriental Restaurant? Share your experiences!