“An excellent place to stay or just eat.”

Chi Oriental Restaurant
Chi Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2015

My wife and I, our daughter and our two young grandchildren stayed for three nights recently .My wife and I have stayed here before and consequently we stayed again .We had our breakfasts in the restaurant and at £6 50 we found this to be a cheaper option than having the same meals in say Dawlish, as fruit juice,toast and tea/coffee are included in the price as in other restaurants they are not .With having two young children with us we decided to have our evening meals in our rooms at about 8 oclock ,which turned out to be a great idea .Everything about this restaurant & bar are great .The meals ,the cleanliness and the staff will go the extra mile to the ensure that you thoroughly enjoy your visit .If we were to find any fault at all it is that the pool could do with a little TLC ,but all in all this is a very nice place to stay or if only for visiting to have a drink.

Room Tip: Just ask for the type of accommodation that you require.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

We had the set meal for four people.

A good variety of food was served on warm plates, excellently presented. Flavours good, meat tender and the rice beautifully cooked.

We ate everything, nothing apart from a few raw vegetable were left on the serving platers.

Rice, satay sauce and coffee was refilled at request and no further charge.

Service was good, always refilling our water glasses etc.

We would have given 5*, if the service at the end of the meal had been the same as during, we were the last there, and they were cashing up. I don't think they wanted to hurry us out! But this is being picky.

£105. 00 for three course set meal, including two beers, one coke, one sprit and two coffees.

Highly recommend, and look forward to returning.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Me and my fiancee had a meal at the restaurant and stayed over night in the b&b on the 31st of December to celebrate new Year, that was very good choice from start we have been very welcome by very helpful lady on reception she even offered to take our luggage upstairs to our room very polite, room we have stayed inn was spotless, with everything we need it. At the restaurant all the staff has been very well mannered and polite showing respect to all customers, Food was amazing with descent break between the starter main and dessert, no rush at all. Will definitely stay at Chi again, the owners should be very proud of there place, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank k m
Reviewed 11 December 2014 via mobile

I would like to say that Friday 5th of December I booked a table of 24 at chi resturant I have eaten at many many places but this one was way way higher than any one I had been before it was my husbands 60 th and my family were amazed it was a huge banquet from the moment the first person arrived they were greeted by the most loveliest staff so friendly and can never do enough all turned out in there lovely dresses the waitresses and waiters were a credit you look and see smiles everywhere even the kitchen staff hardworking found the time to smile and say hello then after all gathering we gave in our orders and so prompt out game the food and oh my goshhh it was heaven on a plate they have so many dishes to choose from all cooked freshly to the highest standards by the head chef who is the owner mr choy I've truly never experienced flavours like it and everyone of my family can't stop talking about it also I can't thank the lady owner mrs Sui choy enough she is not only a very stunning lady from the outside she was most caring rather than let my uncle very disabled go out front door she walked him out to a side door making it so much easier for him to get in the taxi I do know my family can't wait to go back there and believe me if you want a romantic meal or a party please please pick up your phone and book chi it is a diamond of a place you will want to go back again and again thank you chi for a unforgettable evening and your wonderful staff in the most beautiful spotless restruant shelley perryman

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank SHELLEY117
Reviewed 21 September 2014

We have just returned from staying and eating at the Chi hotel. It was our anniversary and boy did they make it special.

The room was £64.00 and was clean ,well presented with ample space. décor is good, crisp white bed lining and everything that you needed.

The staff are outstanding and nothing was too much trouble for them, We really did appreciate all the effort they made for 19th Wedding Anniversary....On arrival balloons in the room, Fruit platter with Kiwi, strawberry's etc all carved and well presented.

When we were shown to our table that had also been decorated, which was a nice little touch.
The restaurant is immaculate and has a lovely atmosphere, The food is excellent and second to none. We moved from London about 7 yrs ago and were spoilt for choice with Chinese Restaurants and I would have to say this is probably if not the best we have eaten at.

Staff are very hard working but still have time to cater for your every need.........I would 100% recommend you go....if you like quality food, good service and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple