“Delightful tea room”

The Singing Kettle
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving high end cream teas, high teas, light meals , cakes, pastries and an extensive variety of hot and cold drinks .
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was busy for the late afternoon but we managed to find a seat and were served promptly by friendly staff. The cream tea was delicious and tea served the proper way. A lovely place to spend a rainy afternoon.

Peter L, Owner at The Singing Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Poster,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are always here come rain, snow or whatever the weather might throw at us ? To let people such as yourself sample our wonderful homemade treats .

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We came here whilst visiting Dartmouth having already seen this please on Trip Advisor.

We were not disappointed! The cream teas were simply brilliant and the other food (cheese on toast, cakes and crab sandwiches) were also excellent.

This place is highly recommended.

Dear Poster,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are hoping and believing that serving up quality homemade lunches and afternoon Teas along with great customer service, will get us noticed and improve our ranking on Trip Advisor . We are also now concentrating on offering a selective breakfast menu

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Discovered this by accident, really fancied a Devon cream teams this met the bill perfectly . Not only accommodated our dog and offered gluten free but the scones were light , warm and delicious, lashings of cream and jam, fruits all on bone china with cheerful and efficient staff. With even sneaky biscuits for the dog. Highly recommended

Peter L, Owner at The Singing Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Poster,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review. These favourable comments go a long way in lifting the morale of all the Team here at the Singing Kettle, Dartmouth.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely visit to Dartmouth,found the café for lunch time snack and was charged restaurant prices,we had a children's sized scrambled eggs on toast and still charged the adult price.which is a shame as the food and service was very good.We felt that experience of our food coming to approximately £27 for cheese on toast scrambled egg and soup was taking advantage of the customer.If you were to keep pricing to café prices you would be more popular and have returned custom.

Peter L, Owner at The Singing Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Poster,

Thank you for your your review . Can I please start with pointing out that we are definitely not a Cafe , we are a specialist Tea Rooms offering high quality home made food at a reasonable cost . We remember your request for a child's scrambled eggs and although we don't have a children's Menu as such we were happy to oblige .

I see you have stated your final bill price without mentioning the drinks you had ? but I can assure you that you definitely did not pay full price for your child's portion as you have claimed !

We have your bill here and would be more than happy to go through it with you for your peace of mind, as overcharging is strictly against our policy here and we only aim to please

P&A .

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was on the way back from a Bantham surf trip, and decided to check out Dartmouth. I’d never been before, but heard it was a scenic town, and I thought it would be a good place to get a beer.

Whilst looking for a pub, I walked past The Singing Kettle which offered “cream teas”. It was after 5pm, and in my experience trying to get a cream tea after 5pm is like trying to find Christmas paper in June. However I was warmly welcomed in, and less than 5 mins later I had a gorgeous cream tea sitting in front of me.

I’m not a tea guy, but the pot of tea was delicious - I especially liked the egg timer that came with the tea, to signify when the tea was ready to pour. Very helpful.

I am a clotted cream guy however. And there was plenty of it. I couldn’t eat it all. There was even fresh fruit (strawberries, kiwi, orange) that came with the delicious scones.

All of the above would have been enough for 5 stars. However, I really appreciate good service, and the service at the Singing Kettle was tremendous.

Not only were the owners warm and provided quick service, they went above and beyond. I started watching some football on my phone. Not only did they offer me the Wifi code without me asking, they even offered to provide an iPad to watch the game on a bigger screen.

This was at the end of a really busy day, but they still made me feel like I was their first customer of the day.

I would definitely go back, and strongly recommend that you give it a try

Dear Poster,

Many thanks for your favourable review. I remember you well as being a fellow football fan ! and it was nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us .

Hope to see you return soon and again put us in favour of seeking out a Beer .