“Very Cheap to Rent”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lowenna Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
St Nectan's Glen & Waterfall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Think twice ...”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

My first reaction is just to say 'ditto' to the review written 14 Mar 2016. We also only stayed at this cottage for 5 days but thank goodness we had glorious weather, the whole place is cold and damp (lets face it - if the walls and floors are damp then so are the mattresses/carpets/bed settee etc) and not particularly clean - no way would I use the shower!! I dread to think what it would have been like if it had been raining outside. We arrived to find the kitchen/living area floor covered in water because, we could only assume, the meter had run out at some point and the freezer had defrosted. There was a dehumidifier running when we arrived which spoke volumes!! This is in June and we happened to have great weather, whatever is this place like earlier in the year, I cannot quite believe some of the reviews .. We also had trouble getting into the courtyard and left our car along the lane - surely in this day and age it wouldn't be hard to come by a few trailer loads of hard core, no matter who actually caused the damage - or doesn't it matter that your customers are having problems? No, I would not recommend this property to any of our friends - I would be too ashamed to. In all the years we have rented holiday accommodation I have never been so incensed to write a bad review, but now I find there is always a first time. I don't know how often you actually visit this property but I suggest you pay a visit and check out some of these comments, which are echoed in the visitors book (also showing signs of damp)!

Russell S
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Very Cheap to Rent”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I would like to say me and my wife and Daughter enjoyed our stay at your cottage,We found it was very clean and welcoming and the price was really cheap you couldnt ask for more.And just up the lane is ST Nectans Glen a very spiritual and beautiful place.And the beaches were lovely.We would like to say Thank You Jill for hiring out your cottage to us.And i will be recommending my friends to you.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
3 May 2016
Many thanks for your positive review. I will be very pleased to welcome you and any of your friends to use my cottage in the future.
16travels...
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Excellent location but cottage needs some work done to it.”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Excellent location with walks from door steps.
The cottage has some damp issues and it smells of it as you enter the place despite the owners effect to minimise the odour.
With some improvement, such as double glazing, the place would be much more comfortable and welcoming.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Dampness
Travelling group: Teenagers
Elaine S
“great value base to explore”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The cottage was easy to find, the whole booking process was quick and easy. we were made aware of what we needed to bring, re bedding coins for the meter. The cottage is in a lovely location, perfect for the coastal path, and ST nectans glen, great walking base. Lowena was comfortable, had all that was needed for a short break.. It was a bit cold but then its an old building and soon warmed up, Great value for money would stay again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
mdr625
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Basic, cold and dated.”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

We have just spent 3 nights at this cottage and booked it after reading the 2 excellent reviews. I agree the location is lovely, kitchen was well equipped and there were DVDs etc in the cottage. However, we had to wash everything in the kitchen before and after using it as most things were dirty and sticky, and the DVD player did not work! The description does not mention the electricity meter (in the 21st century!), nor does it mention having to take your own bed clothes!! We were only given this info after we had booked and paid in full. As a result, when we arrived at 6pm after a 4hr drive on Friday evening we found the place dark and freezing. The least they can do is make it warm enough for their guest's arrival. The meter swallowed up 1 and 2 pound coins, adding a lot more to the price, and the whole place had a strong smell of damp. I had to store the make up bag on the windowsill as there is no dressing table, which is fine, but in the morning the whole bag was soaking from condensation dripping off the window. Getting in and out of the drive was impossible and we nearly grounded the car so after the first night we parked it on the Lane outside. The cottage would be ok if it was brought into the 20th century, and better if brought into 21st! We certainly will not be returning or recommending this cottage. My suggestion is to pay a little more for a more comfortable place and avoid the hassle.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cold, no bed clothes
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 47
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing