“Last night of our holiday. ”
Review of Curry Garden

Curry Garden
Ranked #56 of 159 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were staying in Hayle and fancied an Indian for our last night. We searched online and checked for reviews and found this the best one. We arrived and got seated straight away. Drinks and Poppadoms orders were taken and brought straight over. Wasn’t long until we ordered it mains and as we had a 6 year old with us who likes curries but wasn’t sure about having one in a new restaurant, so the waiter recommended something for him and he loved it. Didn’t wait long for our mains to arrive. Overall the evening was lovely. Food hot and full of flavour. Prices were reasonable too. Definitely recommend this place and if we ever travel back down this way we will eat here again. Thank you for making our last night in Cornwall that little bit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked a table for 12 people at 7pm. Arrived on time,only two people in the restaurant. Drinks and popadoms arrived quickly, food at 8.10 pm. All of the party ordered chicken dishes. We complained about the chicken and said it felt very spongy to eat. A couple sitting on the table behind us also complained. We.left most of it. There was no apology and when the bill arrived there was no adjustment. We paid and left. Three of our party have already had stomach upsets, just three hours later.

1  Thank Jamesdriscoll
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Service was fairly slow and wasn’t even that busy the time we were in there, curry was tasteless, probably one of the most tasteless dishes I’ve had. Overall wouldn’t return here and wouldn’t recommend

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This place is just brilliant the food is perfect the service is great I could not fault this at all best I've ever had and I've eaten rather a lot of Indian cuisine

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here before so let me say that there's nothing wrong with the food; it's slightly above average without being outstanding so no complaints there.
I was travelling to St.Ives by train on a Friday night in January arriving at 10.10pm so I wondered what I would be able to get to eat at that time of night out of season. The Curry Garden website said 'Opening hours October to March 5.30-11.00pm". I arrived at 10.15 pm, there was one member of staff behind the bar and no customers and I asked for a table for 1 to be told "We only do takeaway after 10pm". I said "That's not what it says on your website". He said that was their policy. I said "If you're prepared to cook it and put it in a container then why can't you serve it on a plate, I'll be gone well before 11.00." To which the young man said "I'll go and ask." He came back and said it was takeaway only after 10pm and that's what he had been told to say. I then left.
This sort of thing is shoddy and is likely to make customers very angry. If you want to have a policy of takeaway only after 10pm then say so and make it clear on the website. I had every reason to believe that I would be able to have a meal at the time I arrived and I was naturally very disappointed to find the information on the website was misleading and that was not the case. Still one month later the website has not been amended. Get your act together guys!

1  Thank richardofyorks