All reviewsmaster suitegodrevy suitelight suppersprivate hotelgarden suitebreakfast menu iscold supperbottle of champagnehotel is immaculateattention to detailnothing is too much troublesmall hotelanniversary cardspecial hotelcoastal pathperfect in every waycolour scheme
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We were welcomed by the friendly staff of the hotel! Stayed in the Treylon suite! Very nice room with a very large terrace! Breakfast was served at our requested time and was wonderfull!!! From the hotel a short walk to the center of St. Ives! Nice restaurants and a large selection of pasties! We really recommend this hotel to everybody who's searching for a romantic getaway! The staff was truly great!

Room Tip: Treylon suite!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was our second visit to Blue Hayes,and definitely not our last,as we have already booked for next year !!
Once again we were greeted by Malcolm,and made to feel like friends returning, everyone there,make you feel as though you are special guests,but all the guests are made to feel the same,it is just part of the wonderful ambience created by Malcolm and all the staff.
As expected,everywhere is immaculate,and the beautifully appointed lounges and dining rooms, with the calming colours of cream and pale blue,immediately make you feel rested.
Our suite was immaculately cleaned,and toiletries, and hospitality tray replenished daily by Louise.
Breakfast is served between 8:30 to 10:00 am. and the choice is endless,and cooked to perfection,and was served by either Stephanie or Jade,,who were always so pleasant,polite and friendly.
Breakfast is served either in the dining room, your own suite, or on warmer days, on the terrace overlooking St. Ives bay.
I cannot fail to mention Sue,who greets you daily on reception,a wonderful lady,who will help with any queries, or recommendations for dining out or places to visit,and never fails to have a smile,and will always have a friendly chat.
Malcolm has made Blue Hayes something special,and it is little wonder that guests return year on year.
I know that there are some people that I have failed to mention,and for this I apologise,but my Husband and I would like to thank you all for making our holiday so wonderful.
Many thanks.

Room Tip: Any room would be wonderful but Trelyon and the Master suite have their terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kitty093
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Blue Hayes for 3 nights during our honeymoon trip to Cornwall - my husband booked it (as a surprise) based on reviews on Trip Advisor.

On arriving, Malcolm and Sue were waiting by the door, expecting us. They greeted us warmly, and showed us around the hotel and onto the terrace, with stunning sea views, where we had a drink before being shown to our room. We stayed in the Trelyon Suite, which had a huge private terrace, with partial sea views, sunloungers, chairs and table. It was fantastic to be able to sit here late afternoon, enjoying a drink in the sun before dandering into St Ives for a meal.

There was also champagne on ice and a personalised card from the staff - a fantastic surprise, making our stay all the more special.

The room itself was extremely comfortable, with a large bed, hairdryer, torch (for late night walks along the coastal path!) and the bathroom was also large, with molton brown toiletries.

I was also struck by how clean our room and the rest of the hotel was - especially with the white carpets and sofas. We were very impressed.

We hope to return in the future for a longer stay, as St Ives is wonderful and we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Although the Trelyon Suite is on the road side of the hotel, there was no noise at night, and the terrace is still quite private.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kfa2011
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This is a fantastic Hotel in St Ives of Cornwall. From the moment we arrived the friendly staff couldn't do enough for you. We stayed in room Treylon Suite with a balcony and a spectacular sea view. We stayed for 2 nights BB, the food was fantastic and I recommend the salmon benedict for breakfast. The attention to detail is fabulous and stylish. We enjoyed the evening walks around St Ives and watching the seal in the sea was lovely.

We are already looking at our dates to return in 2012.

Fab stay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a short break, choosing the Trelyon Suite which has a fantastic roof terrace.
The room is large and with the roof terrace it was huge. The hotel is carpeted in luxurious cream carpet, so much so we asked did we need to remove our shoes.
The bar price is reasonable for this type of hotel, but pricey compared to a pub etc.
The breakfast was gorgous and I wished we could have stayed longer so I could sample all the items.
The advertiesed wireless wasn't overly strong in our room, or it seemed around the hotel but this is minor and not why we booked the hotel.
The only problem we found was that we asked for "fresh locally produced packed lunch." our expectations were high based on the food at breakfast. The price is not advertised in the welcome book, but I felt £30.00 for two packed lunches, encompassing a standard sandwhich crisps and water with an apple was nothing special, this is the only reason I can't give them 5 stars - however I would return again - just not ask for a packed lunch.

Room Tip: I wouldn't reccommend the garden suite as people do walk
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple