1,766 results
All reviews sea view parked our car wedding venue visited this hotel overlooking the beach public areas fish and chips amazing views out of season short break night break lovely room josh jacuzzi harbour st ives
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We booked a spa day through a third party as we already had accommodation sorted.
First of all car parking is a bit of a trek as stated in people's reviews.
The massages that we had were great and very relaxing.
The pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were all lovely and not crowded. The sun deck however was crowded and there were not enough sunbeds for everybody. It would only have taken staff a few minutes to have moved some furniture around.
Afternoon tea was a bit hard to find due to renovation works and we were not advised where to go to, also the quality of the afternoon tea was just average and we purchased a large coke this cost £3.90!
Would recommend for a deal, but not full price.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you Amanda for your comments. I am happy to read you enjoyed your time in our Spa and had a relaxing treatment. I will pass your remarks regarding your afternoon tea onto our staff so that we can improve for the future. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Do not, whatever you do, especially if you have children, do business with this hotel by renting one of its associated apartments. The apartment we rented is not secure, in fact the doors don't even close, let alone lock. We have a 5 year old daughter and have travelled for 8 hours to this destination and when we reported this matter, along with 3 other issues, their response was "send an email and a duty manager will look at it in the morning". We will have left by then.

This is without question the most pathetic hospitality establishment I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with with anywhere in the world. It is, on closer inspection, a shabby hole that lacks investment and the assistant manager or whatever the pitiful creature it was that I spoke to beyond clueless. No stars, no hope, no class and needs to close

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank antony h
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in July was bitterly disappointed with the room. It was in an annex which was next to the busy street. Could not pull back the curtains as no privacy plus the fact they were falling off the rail. Bathroom was 2 rooms. Walked into room with sink in it and then down 2 steps to a very cramped dark area that had a bath with shower over it. Toilet was squeezed very tightly between 2 walls. Stayed 4 nights toiletries only replaced twice and this included loo paper.

On the plus side lovely spa area and sunbathing deck overlooking the beach.
Staff over friendly but seriously lack of training among the young employees in breakfast room. Was not asked on check out how we enjoyed our break or was everything ok for us. It's not s cheap hotel either so if you do book there refuse to take room 112.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Mary, I'm sorry to read you found your stay disappointing, though I am glad you enjoyed the spa and the views from the sunbathing deck. It is unfortunate that you did not ask for a room change at the time as I am sure we could have found you a room you were more happy with. Nevertheless, rest assured I have passed your comments onto the relevant departments. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I was really excited and enthusiastic about this hotel and really wanted to love it but sadly it does not live up to expectations or its portrayal on their website.
I booked the family suite, their most expensive room (£435 for 2 nights) with high expectations. At a glance it's nice. Step in and it soon becomes apparent that the room is not only tired and the carpets have stains all over (carpet being an odd choice for a beach hotel) but the windows are filthy as are amenities (teaspoon, hair dryer has specks caked on - dread to think what it could have been). The bathroom was large, but again the floors looked dirty - espescially beneath the toilet! Hygiene is hugely important, I could overlook the wear and tear but for the price they charge, it was a huge disappointment.
The communal areas/hallway are drab with scuffed walls and loose carpet - a pain when wheeling luggage or pushchair!
The spa staff were uninterested but the rest of the staff were helpful and friendly. Afternoon tea was mediocre but I suppose the price is reflective of that.

Pros:
The restaurant dinner was excellent as was the service - credit to the chef and hosting/waiting staff!

Great location in close proximity to the beach.

Bed was huge and very comfortable. The views are simply amazing.

Overall, our stay was ok but from our experience and the current state of the hotel and pricing - I would not stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Natasha for your balanced review. I apologise that you had issues with the general housekeeping and upkeep of the hotel, and I will be sure to inform our Housekeeping staff of the problems you had. On the other hand, I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and views, found your bed comfy and had an enjoyable dinner in the restaurant. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We have stayed in other Harbour Hotels so arrived with high expectations-sadly, this hotel is nowhere near the standard of others in the group. Firstly, the room we stayed in was seriously in need of updating. Very dirty outside window sills, shabby carpet, flaking paint. The breakfast staff were pretty unhelpful and unenthusiastic. We were told on the 1st 2 nights that the restaurant was full for dinner yet when we, cheekily, turned up and just sat at a table the 2nd night, we were served. Apparently, the was a shortage of staff...this is unacceptable for a hotel that charges so much. The spa reception staff were far more concerned with their mobile phones than with customer service. The state of the showers in the ladies changing rooms was totally unacceptable. Not sure how often they are cleaned but obviously not that often. I could point out other failings in the hotel but would say that I would have accepted the shortcomings if the room had been reasonably priced but with the prices this hotel charges I would say it needs to buck it's ideas up pretty swiftly.

Room tip: Try and get a refurbished room
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank weaselmum
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Hi weaselmum and thank you for your comments; I am sorry to read that you found your stay here less than exemplary. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please get in touch with me at peter.holgate@harbourhotels.co.uk. Kind regards, Peter.