“Great Location at a price”

Review of Harbour Loft

Harbour loft - as seen on Doc Martin
View from the living room Harbour loft
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Harbour loft - as seen on Doc Martin
View from the living room
Harbour loft
Bathroom
Snug room
Hallway
Port Isaac harbour
Exterior of property and the quayside
Port isaac village and harbour
View of Doc Martin's surgery taken from kitchen
Local coastline
Port Isaac harbour and coast
Port Isaac harbour
Port Isaac village
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
allh0ckey
Poole, United Kingdom
“Great Location at a price”
Reviewed 28 November 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I stumbled across Harbour Loft and booked on a whim after my wife and I couldn't decide on where to go for our holiday. The Loft itself is well decorated and ideal for 2 people like the other reviews our only gripe was with the noise from the restaurant below the extractor meant that in the evening the apartment sounded as if you were on an aircraft. But the big plus was the location, watching the people and the fishermen go about their business and near to the restaurants and pub which we found to be very good. On the whole the positives outweigh the negatives.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: people watching from the living room/kitchen
Liked least: extractor noise, eerywhere is uphill!!!
Management Response
24 Dec 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear that you loved Harbour Loft’s location however I am sorry to hear that you experienced noise disturbance; all customer feedback is invaluable to us and the owner. The restaurant beneath the holiday property was taken over by the chef Nathan Outlaw last year and the owner of Harbour Loft has met with him to discuss their kitchen extraction system; I believe this has undergone a complete service and it has been agreed that all fans will be switched off by 10.30pm. The owner is investigating ways of better soundproofing between the apartment and the restaurant below and please rest assured that we will be monitoring all future feedback. We understand that holidays are very important to clients and we endeavour to be as accurate as we can with our descriptions. We have a wide variety of properties and locations and we would be happy to discuss your requirements to help you choose the right property in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope that we can welcome you back to Cornwall.
Belinda H
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Harbour Loft website gives incorrect unloading information which led to parking ticket being issued.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Holidaymakers beware! I was issued with a parking ticket whilst unloading my suitcases and baggage on the harbour area in front of Harbour Loft at the start of my holiday. The website information for this apartment clearly states that unloading is permitted but, sadly, this is not the case. It all happened whilst I was struggling up the apartment stairs with holiday paraphernalia and by the time I'd reached the car for the second load (a matter of minutes), a traffic warden had appeared and issued a ticket. He told me that the unloading information on the the owner's/holiday letting website is incorrect. I have informed Cornish Traditional Cottages and the owner in the hope that they might liaise with the relevant Cornish authority to come to some arrangement whereby unloading would be permitted for future users of Harbour Loft but to no avail and it remains to be seen whether the website information will be corrected for future users. It ruined what promised to be an enjoyable stay in Port Isaac and I will not be returning.

Liked least: No facility for unloading/loading the car
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Jun 2014
Thank you for the review following your stay at Harbour Loft in Port Isaac in May. Both the owner and ourselves were very sorry to learn of the parking ticket you received on your return visit this year; we have certainly never been made aware of anyone receiving a ticket whilst unloading at the property. Harbour Loft is now in its third season of letting with Cornish Traditional Cottages and in that time we have not received feedback of a similar nature or the owner personally himself when he has stayed at the property with his family.
This unfortunate incident is something that neither the owner nor ourselves can control, and cannot be held responsible for Cornwall Councils parking enforcement. The description states that, “it is possible to briefly unload…” and of the 54 bookings to date since 2012 we have found that all visitors have enjoyed being in the heart of Port Isaac and have not experienced a problem when unloading.
Once again we are all sorry that on this rare occasion you received a parking ticket from Cornwall Councils parking enforcement. We would love to help you find the right property next time and our highly experienced team are on hand to discuss your holiday accommodation requirements.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The location can not be bettered
Liked least: The extraction system from the downstairs restaurant which seems to vent into the dressing area. The noise from the restaurant.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
last0nimn...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Quaint, comfortable cottage. Great location. Remiss management.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Harbour Loft is easily the best location in Port Isaac. The window wall in the living/dining/kitchen area overlooks the harbor and the main square. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the dogs playing on the beach and the fishermen preparing their boats each morning as I drank my coffee. The village square is directly below as is a lively local pub - The Mote. Watching (and sometimes unavoidably being watched by as the square is only inches away) the crowds meander through town looking for Doc Martin locations is entertaining. (Actual Doc Martin filming can be either entertaining or a nuisance depending on your perspective. They filmed four of the seven days we were there.)

The cottage was clean and quite comfortable.

The restaurant downstairs is easily the best in Port Isaac. Owner Jason and his chef-wife prepare interesting and very delicious meals.

Unfortunately: While the location was perfect and the accommodations were comfortable, the management of the facility was lacking. The windows were filthy. The window cleaner came on the sixth day of our stay and told me that he came the first of every month. He should come the first of every week. Had I known he was available I would gladly have paid him to wash the windows the moment we arrived.

When we arrived there was no toilet tissue in the bathroom. I very much understand the concept of "self-catered" but this is ridiculous. I had to hike up the hill to the Co-op before I could unpack my bags.

The handles were falling off the kitchen skillet and saucepan. I found a screwdriver under the sink and tightened them so I could use them.

We looked forward to dining at the downstairs Harbour Restaurant only to find that it was fully booked on Saturday night – as were the nearby Slipway and Mote restaurants. It would have been nice to have known this when we booked the cottage so we could have made reservations.

Weekly parking is available in the car park for £28, but this rate is available only through an online app that must be downloaded to a mobile phone. Again, this could have been noted when we booked and I could have been prepared when I arrived.

The hassle in the car park, the frantic searching for a restaurant with an open table, the rush to find toilet paper – these could have all been avoided if management had simply prepared me for them. The windows and toilet paper are recurring items noted in the visitor log. I think this lack of basic care-taking is unacceptable property management in a rental cottage.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Filthy windows
Recommended for:
Older travelers
galadriel...
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Just magical.......”
Reviewed 16 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I cannot recommend this cottage enough. Location, location , location.

What a view. My husband and I were so content to sit with a bottle of wine and watch the world go by. We had the buzz of the daily herd of tourists on the Doc Martin trail which we loved to people watch. Actually they were watching us just as much!!!!! Being the oldest and quaintest cottage in Post Isaac and its fabulous location right on the harbour front and the way it overhanged onto near street level we must be appearing in numerous videos and photographs around the world. We were a bit self-concious for a day or two but I found myself deliberately posing!!!!! Shameless I know ! LOL !!

The interior was beautifully decorated and presented - a real beachcomber feel. So cosy and warm. Too warm in fact and the windows being original could not be opened very easily and I was very afraid of smashing them. If we had been here in Summer it would have been intolerable. But we weren't so all was ok.

Below is a fish restaurant and yes we could smell fish but again , after a day or two this was not a problem.

We had the most marvellous romantic time all down to the fantastic atmosphere of this magical cottage. So atmospheric when the fog came down in the evening and whilst reading French Man's Creek - anything could happen!!! Wink!!

Anyway I'll get too carried away - you get my point.

Post Isaac itself is so picturesque and a very good vantage point to visit Boscastle, Tintagel, Padstow. In my opinion North Cornwall is the most picturesque.

Liked best: Location, decor,
Liked least: What's not to like
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing