“Hearty sandwich”

Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Polperro
Price range: USD 3 - USD 13
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Called in for a light lunch, the ham sandwich was certainly value for money, in fact we purchased two rounds, we could have shared one between us. The tearoom can be found next to the Polperro heritage Museum and is dog friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Visited tearoom last week after checking reviews on trip advisor. I was not disappointed had a lovely coffee and cake. Probably the nicest coffee cake I’ve had for a long time. Would have given 5 stars if the member of staff serving had been friendly but thought she was rather miserable. I know you have probably had a long and tiring season but still service with a smile would have been nice. We save all year for a holiday so would have been nice if we were greeted with a friendly smile.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Love coming here when we come to Polperro. Parents can get a cream tea and they do fab coffees and a range of cakes - something different each day. Only improvement would be more tables, but no complaints!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This is my second review the last being 3 years ago, I can honestly say that the high standard has not dropped. Lovely cream tea with a great view.

I highly recommend and would have given it a higher mark however not taking card payment it a village with limited cash withdrawal facilitys is a bit backwards, people younger than 50 expect to be able to pay by card and like myself don't carry much cash.

Other than that spot on.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Possibly the highlight of my holiday, wonderful location, great service and the food was absolutely spot on. I had a Fisherman’s lunch which was extremely generous with 2 mackerel fillets, a huge amount of prawns and a generous helping of beautiful white crab meat. My family went for sandwiches which again weren’t disappointing with masses of filling. Highly recommended lunch destination in the beautifully unspoilt Polperro 5 stars!

Date of visit: August 2018