“Highly recommended!!!”
Review of The Tremont

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
The Tremont
Ranked #16 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed in one of the ensuite single rooms. It was small but perfectly formed and had everything I needed. I was facing the "main" road as well and noise was basically non-existent.

The breakfast was great (all local produce) and Chris (the owner) even got up early bless her on the first day as I needed to get across to Newlyn early.

She is really knowledgeable of the area and helps out, nothing is ever too much trouble. She even let me leave my bag on my leaving date so I could go for a long hike without it weighing me down!

Chris is also a member of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and actively promotes recycling and greener living.

At £76 for two nights (single room, single occupancy with breakfast) I think it's a bargain. She's only a 5 minute walk to the promenade and about 10 minutes to the Quay/Harbour where there are some cracking pubs - can recommend the Dock Inn if you like seafood. Penzance town centre is only about 20 minutes walk as well. Loved it, didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel every time we visited Penzance and we are extremely pleased with the overall experience. The owner is very friendly, but professional and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is very good and Chris went out of her way to cater for my dietary needs (wheat free bread, organic eggs, etc.)
The location is perfect, quiet but close to local restaurants and pubs. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the lounge is one of the nicest we have seen in any B&B hotels we have stayed, with a wooden floor and many original Victorian features.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you Chris for another lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here twice this month, first time was for a job interview in town. I had travelled by train for nine hours and was shattered when arrived late at night. I was welcomed by the owner who was very smiley and friendly and made me feel right at home. My room and en-suite was spotless and very comfortable with everything I needed. In the morning I had another cheery welcome and was served a beautiful cooked breakfast (vegetarian). I was wished lots of luck for my interview when I left! A few days later I returned with my family to view some houses. The owner was away but we met two members of staff that were equally friendly, welcoming and helpful. I had a different, bigger room and en-suite which again, was spottless and cosy with everything we needed. Staff congratulated me on getting the job which was lovely! Again, beautiful breakfast and advice on local schools for my children when leaving! We really enjoyed our stay and would definately return - and recommend to any family and friends coming to visit us! We also liked that the prices were very reasonable. Also very short walk to sea and to town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
sicilia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I spent 4 nights at The tremont last agust 2011 in a single en suite room.
At my arrival I was welcomed by the owner a nice lady who welcomed me by name!How kind.
I was also given the room at 9.00 am well before the check in........GREAT
The room is located on the last floor,was well equipped with plenty of towels,a kettle,biscuits and loads of tea and coffee bags.
It was very clean.The breakfast is served in a nice room on the basement,you can have a tipical English breakfast or a continetal.The area in which the Hotel is located is nice,the bus stop is close.I warmly recommend The Tremont guest house.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Kent, England
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Wonderful breakfast - local produce - served with a smile .
Lots of helpful tips and advice on making the most of your time in Cornwall.
Lovely comfortable rooms, all en-suite.
Pleasant lounge for guests.
Short stroll to promenade; lovely walk through the park into town.
What more can I say, only "I'll be back ! " (Soon).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family