Pencrebar Guest House
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
USD 113*
USD 251*
USD 241*
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
USD 296*
USD 79*
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Great Western Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
USD 106*
  • Restaurant
USD 113*
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Mike & Gill are excellent hosts & this was the first time I stayed in a guest house, I was planning to stay at the travelodge but I must say this place is MUCH better!

The room was very comfortable & extremely clean.

The only problem I encountered was a massive hangover after A night out - but the breakfast cured me!

Planning to stay there again when the weather improves!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2012

i stayed here in july 2011 with my girlfriend for a weekend break. Upon arrival, the hosts were incredibly welcoming and accomodating and were more than able to provide us with the local info that we required.
Breakfast each morning was amazing and definitly helped to kick start the day. The host always managed to bring breakfast with a smile and was keen to recommend local places to visit.
The only down side was that it is directly accross from "Bertie's" nightclub which we were not aware of prior to arrival.
This B&B is ideally priced owever i would recommend more for a place to crash than a quiet weekend stay.
Overal 9/10.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have been going to newquay for 12 years & I have stayed in a lot of places & this has been one of my favourites.
Mike & Gill are both friendly, they are so very welcoming and left us to get on with our mad partying. We came in at all hours of the night, sometimes 5am, & I was never made to feel we shouldnt be in & out.
The hotel was clean and tidy, tea/coffe/milk given every day.Fresh towels when required, hair dryer in room, very clean comfortable bedding and all in all a perfect room.
I have noticed other peoples reviews, I have to say dont listen to them, Mike and Gill were so lovely, the breakfast was bang on! I love there little routine of popping it in the book the day before and its all ready for you by morning.
The only fown fall was the shower head, as it was not very powerful, but other than that.. I have no complaints.
PENCREBAR ROCKS.. Its a stone throw away from all of the bars and clubs, its right by bertis (which is one of my favourite clubs) So no need for taxi for us.
Met some lovely people in the next room, we had an awesome time.

HELZ & KESHA LOVE PENCREBAR Hahaha.
I'll be staying again 100%

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just returned from a fabulous weekend, Mike and Gill are excellent hosts, very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Our room was modern and clean. Breakfast was lovely.
The guest house is very central and we didn't use our car once (private car park very close by).
Would definately go back!

Room Tip: Family rooms are at the back and therefore quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I have stayed here twice while holidaying in Newquay now, and there is a reason I went back a second time! It's clean everywhere, nicely decorated and they don't generally accept young groups of people, so the atmosphere is quite relaxed and the people are generally small families, couples and an older generation(speaking from a 25 year old point of view!) the showers are a little lacking, but that's really the only complaint. Whilst there both times we were met mostly by mike, who even when busy is friendly and will have a quick chat, the full English breakfasts were a bit on the small side, but were really nice, and the general ambience of the place is lovely! I would recommend mostly to couples of any age, but if you're going to Newquay to party, this b&b isn't for you.

• Stayed: September 2010