“Pleasant place to stay, lovely hosts”

Pencrebar Guest House
Pencrebar Guest House
Ranked #52 of 105 Newquay B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place to stay, lovely hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights on a visit to Cornwall. Mike and Gill are very friendly and welcoming and take a lot of pride in their business and it really shows. The place is extremely clean and tidy albeit a little dated in decor. We had taken bikes down with us and they were all too happy to allow us to store them in the yard.
Pros: The room was clean and a good size. There is a hair dryer, mini fridge and free WiFi. Good location to get into town to bars, restaurants and the beach.
Cons: parking is a short walk away and costs an additional £3 per night, but you'll find you'd have to do the same if you book any of the other B&Bs on the street. There is no shampoo or shower gel in the bathroom so remember to bring your own. For any light sleepers, the road outside is a little busy, so you will hear traffic if you leave the windows open.

Overall, given the price, this place is good value and good place to stay. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Light sleeps may wish to request a room towards the back of the building.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Mike & Gill are excellent hosts & this was the first time I stayed in a guest house, I was planning to stay at the travelodge but I must say this place is MUCH better!

The room was very comfortable & extremely clean.

The only problem I encountered was a massive hangover after A night out - but the breakfast cured me!

Planning to stay there again when the weather improves!

• Stayed March 2012
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

i stayed here in july 2011 with my girlfriend for a weekend break. Upon arrival, the hosts were incredibly welcoming and accomodating and were more than able to provide us with the local info that we required.
Breakfast each morning was amazing and definitly helped to kick start the day. The host always managed to bring breakfast with a smile and was keen to recommend local places to visit.
The only down side was that it is directly accross from "Bertie's" nightclub which we were not aware of prior to arrival.
This B&B is ideally priced owever i would recommend more for a place to crash than a quiet weekend stay.
Overal 9/10.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have been going to newquay for 12 years & I have stayed in a lot of places & this has been one of my favourites.
Mike & Gill are both friendly, they are so very welcoming and left us to get on with our mad partying. We came in at all hours of the night, sometimes 5am, & I was never made to feel we shouldnt be in & out.
The hotel was clean and tidy, tea/coffe/milk given every day.Fresh towels when required, hair dryer in room, very clean comfortable bedding and all in all a perfect room.
I have noticed other peoples reviews, I have to say dont listen to them, Mike and Gill were so lovely, the breakfast was bang on! I love there little routine of popping it in the book the day before and its all ready for you by morning.
The only fown fall was the shower head, as it was not very powerful, but other than that.. I have no complaints.
PENCREBAR ROCKS.. Its a stone throw away from all of the bars and clubs, its right by bertis (which is one of my favourite clubs) So no need for taxi for us.
Met some lovely people in the next room, we had an awesome time.

HELZ & KESHA LOVE PENCREBAR Hahaha.
I'll be staying again 100%

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Barton on Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just returned from a fabulous weekend, Mike and Gill are excellent hosts, very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Our room was modern and clean. Breakfast was lovely.
The guest house is very central and we didn't use our car once (private car park very close by).
Would definately go back!

Room Tip: Family rooms are at the back and therefore quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family