“Great family meal”

Ranked #6 of 265 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: USD 5 - USD 29
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fresh Australian restaurant, with a casual dining experience, using a mix of local Cornish and Australian produce. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee and cakes.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here tonight. My partner and I enjoyed a nice bottle of champagne for under £40 and some really fantastic food. I had the barracuda fish which was amazing. My daughter had the children’s cheeseburger which was a good size and nicely priced at £5 which made up for the fillet steak my ten year old son had- which he unsurprisingly polished off ( not £5!).
Would highly recommend. Fully booked out on a Thursday in April - so book ahead. I booked the a few hours ahead.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went to Bush Pepper based not only on the positive reviews but also the unusual items on the menu, which I tried to get a few of.
To be fair the crocodile and chorizo scotch egg was very well cooked but was perhaps a step too far for me - purely personal taste, it wasn’t really for me. However, we had the starter dish it was part of and everything else was lovely.
Best part of the meal - kangaroo loin, which seemed to be bigger than advertised (no complaints) but it was so good, I would recommend anyone who likes steak and visits this restaurant to give it a go.
Staff were very nice, polite, friendly - just a bit overrun as it was so busy, but overall, it’s a great place and I’d recommend it.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Early dinner before an award ceremony. Took my disabled child who only eats sausage and chips and even tho they were on evening menu they went out of their way to accommodate him and my husband who desperately wanted to try the Kangeroo burger off the lunch menu. Again they were really accommodating. All our food was perfectly cooked, fish risotto was amazing. Highly recommend and will be returning. Also absolutely loved the dipping bread and the home made alcohol crème drink at the end of our meal

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Food is gorgeous, flavoursome and well presented, staff are friendly and attentive. Can’t fault it and well priced

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We came here based on the fantastic reviews and were not disappointed. We had the crab fishcake and the coconut prawns to start which were presented beautifully with good portion sizes and were delicious. Followed by the hake on the specials menu and the barramundi, both were cooked to perfection. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was cosy. We will definitely return.