“A M A Z I N G”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lowenza

Lowenza mews house with balcony and sea views
View from the house across Newquay Bay Living room with sea views and luxury sofa bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the house across Newquay Bay
Living room with sea views and luxury sofa bed
Dine in style!
Living room with 50 inch TV with chromecast
Books, Games and DVD's
Open plan living
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Superfast Broadband WiFi
Master bedroom with sea views
Breakfast in bed?
Across to Trevose Lighthouse
Shower room
Second bedroom showing twin bed option
Second bedroom showing queen size bed option
Bathroom
Entrance hall
Laundry
Lockable bike and surfboard store
Go surfing!
Eden Project
Newquay Blue Reef Aquarium
Poldark Country
View from house across Newquay Bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Cambridge...
“A M A Z I N G”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Absolutely great!! What a place! Lowenza is a beautiful Mews House set in the heart of Newquay! Two minute walk to centre of town! Sea views! Well equipped, very clean and a Home away fro. Home

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The overall house.
Liked least: Rowdy people around car park (but that can't be helped) :P
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Aug 2016
Lovely! You would be most welcome to return. J&B
David F
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Perfect all round.”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Lovely house for our holiday. Spotlessly clean, great central location, and everything we needed. Good to have somewhere to wash wetsuits after a day's body boarding on Fistral.(Ten minute walk). Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

14 Aug 2016
Thank you for your valuable comments. Glad you had a lovely stay! J&B
Bimbohead
Cheshire, UK
“If you're hard to please (or your spouse is) read on.”
Reviewed 10 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Let me start by saying that the way I usually read TripAdvisor reviews is to get an 'overview' of a place from reading LOTS of reviews. The truth usually lies in the points that keep coming up time and again and pretty much everywhere has someone who hated it and declares that they'd never stay there ever again, surely?
And then I read the reviews for Lowenza and they were ALL good and I was both excited and suspicious at the same time!
Could it really be as good as everyone says it is?
The short answer is yes. It really is!
Cornwall felt like a gamble for us. We look forward to our main two week annual holiday all year and if you're staying in England you're at the mercy of the weather so if it's less than perfect I didn't want to stay somewhere that wasn't fabulous.
But Lowenza IS fabulous. And even on a rainy day John and Barb have ensured that you will find everything you ever need in this stunning property, right down to a notebook with a short note inside saying 'we thought our guests might like this'!
There are games galore to suit every family, DVDS, magazines and two televisions (one in the master bedroom) so there are no arguments about what to watch. The store downstairs has body boards and buckets and spades for the beach. Take the body boards to Fistral. Just do it! It's only a 10 minute walk and you'll get the hang of it really quickly!
The fridge was stocked with a very thoughtful welcome pack and the girls were delighted to dive into the cookies that had been provided!
The flowers on the table were beautiful and actually lasted a fortnight!
Every time I thought 'I wish I had thought to bring....' I'd open the drawer and find it already there.
It's pristinely clean and everything is new. You feel as though you're being entrusted with someone else's pride and joy and as such it's very easy to respect the owner's possessions. Towels and bedding are provided and there is a fully equipped utility room with a washer dryer so you don't have to take all your dirty laundry home.
There is ample storage for all your clothes and my teenage girls loved having their own 'floor' with bedroom and bathroom downstairs.
The balcony is a huge bonus. It has spectacular views of the sea and is a perfect spot to unwind with a glass of wine (the owners actually put one in the fridge which was especially welcome after such a long drive from Cheshire)!
It really was the best accommodation I've ever stayed in and I'm really pretty fussy.
The only 'negative' (which didn't bother me but irked my husband a little bit) is that the TV isn't a smart TV and had he known that it wasn't he would have brought a chromecast to plug into it to stream things he'd downloaded.
If you don't know what I'm talking about the TV won't bother you at all!
Now for the practical stuff you might want to know.
We've got a Range Rover Vogue SE which is probably one of the tallest cars you can buy. It fits in the parking space but it's pretty tight. Unless you have a monster truck you should be fine!
Sainsbury is the best place to shop and is visible from the house. It's a decent size and has a wide choice of food, including a decent free from section (which I need).
Newquay is very 'free from' aware and there are a large selection of vegan, gluten and dairy free options available in the town.
Kook is especially good for dairy free. The owner actually offered to buy stuff IN for me during my stay. It's a very friendly place and is well worth a visit.
There is a small Asda but it's pretty poorly stocked and Sainsbury is definitely better.
The house is on a hill which is pretty challenging and is probably unsuitable if you have serious mobility issues and need to walk it so you will need to bear that in mind. If you're just a bit lazy you'll get used to it!
The Lighthouse cinema accepts the Meerkat 2 for 1 deal on a Tuesday and a Wednesday and is very good value.
Bins are on a Monday and they come early!
So that's it really.
I would like to thank John and Barb for all their thoughtfulness in creating this wonderful home from home.
It really should be used as a model for everyone who is setting up a holiday let!
Because they really have thought of everything.
I suspect everywhere I stay in future will be compared to Lowenza. They set the bar extremely high.

10 Aug 2016
Thank you for such a comprehensive review, it is nice to hear that you felt well catered for as that is our goal. The 'chromecast' is definitely a good idea for future guests! Would warmly welcome you back if you decide to gamble with the weather again! J&B
helencoop...
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Balcony view”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Newquay might not be for everyone but this holiday home sure is.
Spotless and felt like home from home. Milk. Tea. Coffee. Biscuits and flowers all there waiting for us.
To go to Newquay you must be able to go up and down slopes but we strolled steady with my 70 plus parents and all was good. Captain jacks restaurant which is 10 mins from apartment on foot is well worth the visit. Steak and fish excellent. We went 3 times.
All in all great holiday had and we will miss sitting on the balcony watching the world go by.
Thank you Barber and John for sharing x

25 Jul 2016
Thank you. So glad to hear you had a nice time!
ToniMRS82
“Fantastic stay at Lowenza!”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great apartment walking distance from shops, restaurants and beaches, just what we wanted!
Stayed with my 4 year old and baby and it's very kid friendly, the owners have made sure there are books, games, DVDs, plastic bowls plates and cups... Even a brand new changing mat when I told them I had a baby! Little thoughtful touches that make all the difference.
The 2 parking spaces was a huge bonus to us as we did have to use 2 cars.
Definitely recommend Lowenza for a great base to explore beautiful Cornwall!

20 Jul 2016
Thank you. We do aim to cater fully for guests of all ages. We hope to see you again soon! J&B
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing