“Sat ”
Review of Sailors Newquay

Sailors Newquay
Ranked #7 of 18 Nightlife in Newquay
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately my experience of this place got worse as the week went on. They just kick people out because it's raining and their ceiling was leaking in - but they were still charging £5 in at 2pm kicking me out on my own because I complained about this. Don't rate it. Don't waste your time there are plenty more places that would rate your custom.

SailorsManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Sailors Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We are sorry that your second visit didn’t live up to your first fantastic visit earlier in the week. We would like to investigate this further if we may, as even though we couldn’t control the near torrential rain outside which sadly found a way into the building that evening, we would like to look into why you were (I am presuming) asked to leave.

If you could please email me at Sailorsams.newquay@stonegatepubs.com with your account of what happened then I can take a closer look.

Thank you for your email & for your glowing review in the week but also for your constructive review today. Good or bad, all reviews are looked into.

Regards

Sailors Crew

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and a group of girls came here on a Saturday night and will never be returning AGAIN!
There's clearly no fire safety as the club was full to the point you couldn't actually dance on the dance Floors just bob up and down like a sardine.
Toilets where simply revolting I guess they are not cleaned regularly.
Getting a drink will most likely take 3o minutes due to lack of staff.
But more importantly are the "security"
These men are dangerous and don't care who they hurt.
There was an incident that happened around me and my friends where the security barged us out the way (and these are big "gym" lads ) one friend fell to the floor and Hurt her arm to which she started crying.
I then confronted the security (after they had practically beaten up some young lads) and to my horror they told me to eff off! I then said I wanted to see who was in charge to which one yanked me by my arm and dragged me and threw me out to the back of the night club which is dark and I actually had no idea where I was and anything could have happened to me!!
When I spoke to the door staff at the front they just laughed and told me to go away! Thankfully my friends soon came out to find me.

All in all I've never seen such disgusting behaviour from people who are supposed to be looking after us!
Little boys who have taken to many "gym enhancers" on a complete power trip!

Truly disgusting

1  Thank annabelrings
SailorsManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Sailors Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Hi Annabel

We can only apologise if your visit was not to the high standard we aim for all our customers at Sailors.  We are very busy on Saturday nights but well within our capacity set by the Fire Officers & this is maintained religiously.

The bar staff are amazing & work really hard to ensure every customer is served quickly & efficiently but I can only apologise that it may take a little longer than normal during busier the periods.

I would like to ask some more details of the incident with Security if I may so we can look into it more, could you please email us your account of what happened; names, time, date, etc to Sailorsarms.newquay@stonegatepubs.com?

We do not condone the behaviours which you have described so would like to follow up your comments.

We would hope this one visit has not tarnished your views on Sailors forever. We pride ourselves on being the busiest & best nightclub in the South West, with a safe and secure environment. It seems we have fell short here but thank you for your comments which we will use & learn from.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had the best time in a fab club!!! We had the full VIP experience. Our host was very attentive, no request was too much trouble for her, we were well looked after by the security guys who were very helpful in getting guys to move on when they got a little Lary! The music was great and the atmosphere buzzy!! I felt very comfortable even though the place was packed out. It was such a good evening that on our second night,after visiting a few other places that were very disappointing, we opted to go back to Sailors where once again we were looked after like VIPs again. THANKYOU to all the staff and management we had a very memorable weekend and will recommend you to all those looking for fun in Newquay.

SailorsManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Sailors Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Hi Susie,

This is what we love to hear - we're so pleased that we could be part of your weekend going so well and we don't even mind that you looked elsewhere before returning. Prodigals and all that :)

As a tangible expresion of our gratitude for taking the time to post positively and to encourage you and your friends to come back for another look at the pub & the club, if you send us an email, we'll arrange some food & drinks vouchers for your next visit.

SailorsArms.Newquay@stonegatepubs.com

Thanks again!

Sailors crew

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We came to this nightclub for my hen night. It was great fun, the staff were very friendly and the bouncer on Friday night looked after us very well. We all had a great night here.

1  Thank jadewoody
SailorsManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Sailors Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi Jade,

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your hen night with us and that you were pleased with the service both from the staff in general and security in particular.

As our thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such a positive review, please email us and we'll send you a food & drinks voucher, perhaps you could return with your new husband?

sailorsarms.newquay@stonegatepubs.com

Kindest regards

Sailors crew

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Travelled down from central London for some surfing and a Saturday night out.
Pre booked a VIP table like we normally would for a club to save the bar hassle. We decided on one of the packages before arriving but got there to find you needed to prepay to secure a table - which was not made clear to us (by Faith)
Even so.. what kind of club turns down a group of people wanting to spend £400 odd for bottles?!

Multiple tables empty throughout the night... so it's their loss really. Faith actually stood there saying none available... ha

Music was suited for 18 year olds and atmosphere was awful with fights happening around us.

Thank god we didn't pay entry. Will not be back!!!!

1  Thank Melissa R

Hi Melissa

Thank you for your comments . Obviously we take all complaints seriously and can only apologise if you feel we have fallen short of our own expectations .
As you can see your group are the first complaints we've had regarding pre booked space and our bookings procedure. This is because we pride ourselves on the experience we constantly offer and deliver.
Confirmation of bookings is only made once we have received payment.
As your party didn't make payment or confirm through email that you wanted to book the space this seemed to have caused the miscommunication .
Your booking was left open as you were reluctant to contact Sailors or return our calls.
Simply turning up on the night expecting to purchase the experience ,that as you witnessed ,is very much in high demand is something we always discourage in order to avoid disappointment .

Kindest regards