“Fantastic Veggie Food Too!”
Review of Butchers Bistro

Butchers Bistro
Ranked #20 of 264 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: USD 5 - USD 26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cornish Steak and seafood, serving the finest of steak and seafood with an emphasis on local suppliers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came across this hidden gem which advertised local steaks and seafood and decided to give it a go. I was shown to a lovely table by the attentive staff and instantly felt like I was amongst friends, nice when eating alone. The restaurant is cute and intimate with an open plan kitchen at one end. I started with a beetroot dish, lovely flavours, colourful and a decent size. The best was yet to come, the aubergine main course served with sweet potato wedges was to die for. It melted in your mouth, leaving a host of lovely flavours and being cooked to order was so fresh. Other diners meals looked just as appetizing and people were very complimentary as they left. A big thank you to all at Butchers, well done, and keep on doing what you are doing. See you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Did not have a problem with seating, if traveling down at busy periods I would recommend booking. Do NOT be put off by the exterior or the interior designs as the food is 110% worth it! Best steak I have ever had and had to visit again the next day. Completely worth it.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I visited The Butchers Bistro on 1 April 2018 and I had the most incredible Porthilly Muscles I’ve ever tasted, the service was quick and professional but also very friendly. I can’t compliment the chefs enough, fantastic meal. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After booking and returning at our time we were told there was a slight delay but we were seated promptly, wish the same could be said about the service and food! Had to ask to order drinks and the pint off. Had to ask to order and thought we’d have some bread. We were just about to leave when it arrived over 1.5hrs later. Thought we’d stay and try it but wish we hadn’t wasted our time or money as greasy great wedges of dough and browned old salad. Paid the over priced cost for what we had and left, we should of left sooner and questioned the extortionately priced bread.

Beware, upon leaving they stated that although they booked us in there would be a wait..... this was never stated or the case and we were left trying to find alternative food at home 10pm.

The younger waitress was also unhelpful and boarder line rude. I’d recommend avoiding this place sadly as poor and far from value for money.

1  Thank ecojazz
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very impressed brilliant service and very nice food.
Will definitely visit this place again when I return to Newquay.
Highly recommended.