“Awful ”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered 3 meals (take-away), lamb korma, prawn dopiaza and chicken tikka plus extras. The lamb korma should have come as desert as there was so much sugar in the dish we could hardly eat it and the shrimp aka prawns were like little rubber pellets. We all shared the chicken and went hungry

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank VaughnW39

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Took me a while to go back to eating here after it changed hands just made 3rd visit and I wonder why I left it so long ,happy friendly staff excellent food and service. I regret leaving it so long, slight tweeks to the menu all for the better have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone .

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank local991
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited The Moonlight Tandoori for years under Izzy and Jewel’s captaincy. Always the food was great. Since it is now the Looe Tandoori we have stopped going. For the first 4 weeks the food was actually better again, but certainly since the new year the food at times has been inedible. Chicken dishes would have solid pieces of meat that I had to spit out. Flavours have become bland, poppadoms are cooked in old fat and bhajis just not the same. I walk by now going to the Thai or Chinese and just wish they would produce food like they did when they took over. Come on guys sort the chef out!

1  Thank Pioneer762490
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Went in about 10 pm was seated by the only Staff member.
Waited 15 minutes,when my order was not even taken I walked out and went to a local Kebab shop instead.
The Restaurant I'd as scruffy and dingey as ever so the new owners at obviously a complete waste of space.
Avoid at all costs!

1  Thank markeJ3668EU
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The best Indian food I have ever had in my life and that includes India.
Try the chicken with pieces of mango. Simply the best. You have to try it for yourself.
The owner Izzy and his son Jewel are the friendliest hosts and will make sure you have a great evening.
Booking is definitely advisable.