“Amazing house”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gail_Youn...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Amazing house”
Reviewed 27 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed here as a 50th birthday party for my husband with 15 friends. The house is absolutely fantastic with views to die for. From the fantastic scones, bread, cream jam, milk and orange juice to the lovely fresh flowers and the brilliantly equipped kitchen (with all the condiments, tea, coffee, washing powder, washing up liquid etc provided) we couldn't have had a better time. The rooms are great, the lounge area comfortable and we loved the bar!!!!! We were incredibly lucky with great weather but even if the weather is more inclement there is plenty of room in the house. Sam is a great host and was there to meet us when we arrived. We didn't need anything while we were there but he would have been there to help if needed. Just one warning it is a steep hill climb back to the house from Looe but worth it for the views.

3 Jul 2018
Thank you so very much for your excellent review, Gail. You guys have been absolutely brilliant guests indeed! It was so lovely meeting all of you and I was so happy that the weather was perfect for your stay. Thank you for your incredible feedback. This really means everything to us and to Clipper House. We couldn't do it without you. I hope to see you all again soon!
Very best wishes,
Clipper House holiday let
danreason...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay and amazing hosts/owners!”
Reviewed 19 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Amazing house to stay in for large groups and great for kids, we had 9 kids in our party and 2 babies, all of which had their own bed or travel cot.

Rooms were spacious, clean and all of them having an en suite was a nice bonus.

Plenty of space for the kids to play and run around without getting under the feet of the adults was really good.

The house is really well equipped with more than enough fridges, freezers, cutlery, mugs and everything else you'd need. The kitchen is amazing and makes it easy to cook for a large amount of people.

Parking was good considering how hard it is to park in Looe and I doubt there's a better view of Looe than from the terrace area outside Clipper House.

There isn't really anything that lets the house down unless you're being really picky and notice that if you're sat in the lounge area in the conservatory when the sun is out it can get a bit hot in there as there are no blinds/curtains to keep the light out and it can obscure the TV a little bit which makes the world cup difficult to watch.

But the hosts are amazing, Sam has been very helpful after our daughter left a blanket there and is posting it back to us to save us the 2+ hour drive to get it and because of that we will definitely be back again next year!

There isn't a better place to stay in Looe!

22 Jun 2018
Dan, thank you so much for your very good and elaborate review. I also really appreciate the constructive criticism in regards to the sunroom and there not being any blinds to keep out the glare and the heat. I will really take this into consideration and look into investing in some blinds.
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the house and facilities. And I'm glad you received your daughters blanket back safe.
It was lovely meeting all of you and I hope to see you all back!
Best wishes and keep in touch.
Reb T
Bristol, United Kingdom
“All of our party were impressed beyond their expectations.”
Reviewed 20 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The house is beyond amazing, the views are outstanding, and I had the most amazing Hen Weekend at The Clipper. I could hardly believe my eyes when we pulled up to this gorgeous house looking out across the sea, harbour and Looe itself. Sam is the perfect host and along with his friend Sophie they really helped make the weekend fantastic. The added luxury of having Sam and Sophie cook for us on Saturday and Sunday really made my hen weekend perfect, so friendly, welcoming, they really could not do enough for us which meant we all had an amazing relaxing weekend. The bedrooms are all decorated to a high standard as well as the bathrooms and everything was perfectly clean and tidy. The added touches of reading books being available, cream teas and a very well stocked games cabinet were additional wow factors. We were a diverse bunch of girls with differing styles and tastes but were all equally impressed with The Clipper and have all said how much we would like to return. From what those organising my hen weekend have told me Sam was most helpful with making my weekend extra special, even helping get the girls in touch with a sea glass jewellery maker who came in and did a master class at the house with us which was so "my cup of tea". We loved the fact that the sun room/lounge had enough seating that we could all chill out and spend time together as well as the dining room. The games room was again for us a massive bonus and was used all weekend. I really can not recommend Sam and The Clipper enough, it was beyond perfection... just totally outstanding!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 May 2018
What a gorgeous review! Thank you all so very much. Honestly, it was an absolute pleasure meeting all of you and being able to be part of your special weekend.
All of us here at Clipper House really appreciate your feedback. This is an incredible review. But most of all, we are so delighted that you all had an amazing weekend and enjoyed the house so much. This is truly the most important part for us. Again, thank you. And I look forward to seeing back at Clipper House.
Best wishes,
Lucy O
Plymouth
“Epic house with views”
Reviewed 11 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We were are group of 15 girls away for a weekend. Clipper house was just perfect, a huge communal space with bar, pool table and lounge with amazing views out to sea and back down the estuary; plus all the rooms were ensuite, so we all had our own space and never felt on top of each other. The house and views were just epic, we were almost gutted we had so much stuff booked to do for the weekend because all we wanted to do was hang out at the house! Would recommend clipper house to anyone, especially big groups, you will not be disappointed!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
12 Apr 2018
We love this review title! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed Clipper House. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. A fantastic review like this is truly something we will never get tired of. Thank you so very much. Best wishes to all of you and I hope to see you back again soon!
_joannaja...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay at the Clipper!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Fabulous stay at ‘The Clipper’ over Easter. Gorgeous house with stunning views. Very clean and welcoming, with a table of fresh scones, cream, fruit and bread on arrival which was a lovely touch!
The games room and the bar made the evenings great fun for adults and children and plenty to do in the day with the beach and coastal town on your doorstep. Boat rides, walks, zip wires and adrenaline activities!
Sam was a great help and we look forward to another stay at the Clipper in the future !
Would definitely recommend!

4 Apr 2018
Thank you very much for the comments and fantastic feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and you chose to celebrate your Easter weekend here at Clipper House. You are all fantastic guests and I really hope to see you back again soon.
Best wishes,
Clipper House
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing