“Just the Job”

Engleton Guest House
Ranked #71 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed three nights when visiting our daughter at University. Sarah was really friendly and breakfast was outstanding. Our room was clean & comfy with well stocked tea & coffee, even biscuits. Great location as an easy walk to find some really good restaurants. Furnishings & carpets were a bit worn, but Sarah tells us that much will be updated over the winter. Would recommend and will be back as down 3 or 4 times a year..

Room Tip: rooms at the back quiter possibly at the weekend
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jo r

Reviewed 20 September 2011

En-suite advertised but shower not working despite being reported for two night stay. Clean towels replaced daily. Would not wish to stay here a second time.

Room Tip: Check room before accepting
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoseExeter
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed in July 2011. The owner was very helpful on the phone and the person who worked there was extremely patient and friendly, but I had a very bad night's sleep due to a group of builders who were working in the area and staying long term.They came in and were so inconsiderate and noisy, slamming doors, shouting and vomiting.

There was no one to complain to in the night.

When I complained in the morning I got £5 off my £35 bill, which was great. But if I was planning on staying another night in Falmouth I would have moved hotels.

The room was a bit shabby and not very clean. The bed had springs, not a divan mattress, and I found it very uncomfortable.

The shower was not a power shower and I found it difficulty to control the temperature.

The toilet seat in my room was broken/not attached properly to the bowl. I was told that this would be fixed as soon as I left.

There was a large tv provided, which worked well. I didn't check the internet.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get traffic noise. Ain for the back.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2011

stayed for three nights, and was met by very friendly people, we were shown to our room and was pleasently surprised by the size of room, there was plenty of tea, coffee, milk etc, the room was spotless, as was the en suite shower room.the bed was comfortable, breakfast was more than ample to set you up for the day, and was very tasty. we would recommend anyone looking for a b&b in falmouth to give castleton a try.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Stayed recently for a long weekend it being a last minute decision.........although the room was basic it was very comfortable with the breakfasts first class.........even provided gluten free bread for my partner............the location is very central to all shops and restaurants the down side of the b&b is that it is on a main road but we had decent sleep being at the back of the property.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple