We had stayed in this hotel 6 months ago and were interested to see how the building work had been going (hoping it was nearly complete). Unfortunately it looks like the full refurb will take a lot more time! However, the changes made so far are pleasant (eg the new swimming pool etc area).
The staff are helpful and welcoming and the chef/s did a marvellous job. We did not mind waiting as we were on holiday and therefore not in a rush, as the restaurant was clearly busy at certain times.
The room we stayed in was cosy, although no clear view to the sea for us, but comfortable and very clean. Loved the little shortbread biscuits and refreshments in the room. Big fluffy white towels, warmed by the heated towel rail, and big TV were highlights. Little more tricky was the parking, but there seemed to be a few more spaces opened up from before, so we always got a space, although they were a little tight.
Two in our party tried the cream tea and remarked how wonderful the scones were. I found all the food excellent and enjoyed everything.
We would like to go back and hope the new reception area is completed, as when you have people in the party who find walking (and steps) difficult it is currently not ideal (plus the disabled space which is a normal size space tucked in the corner) is a token rather than practical disabled space.
Everything seemed well organised, but it would have been nice on arrival for help with bags to have been offered rather than having to ask, but otherwise a very nice stay. Thanks again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ELEMIS treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, LateRooms, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall