“Amazing ”
Review of The Rathgowry

The Rathgowry
Ranked #10 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I booked this two night stay as a surprise for my husbands birthday. I was incredibly pleased to find on arrival that this beautiful bed and breakfast exceeded expectations!

Firstly it has spectacular views out to sea across a lovely beach, but on entering you find a tidy and welcoming environment that's very well kept.

Our room was spacious and well laid out with easily enough room for the travel cot for our 8 month old son. The TV provided was not very big but we found we didn't even want to turn it on. The view from our window was much better to look at!

I'm a vegetarian but my husband isn't and we both found the breakfast delicious! I in particular did as I'm fussy with eggs, and the scramble with my veggie full English was the best I've had out.

The best thing about this place though are the people who run it. Genuinely friendly and caring, very helpful making the stay pleasant with our little one, cooking the super breakfast and even adding the little touches like the free teddy and birthday sweets!

If I ever stay in Falmouth again then I'll definitely be looking here for my first choice.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rinny89

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Such a wonderful place!
We arrived on Thursday morning we were allowed to leave our car on the property and I was given a map and directions to the town and popular places in the area. We walked to the main high street to meet friends. The shops and restaurants are fantastic. We were able to come back at 2pm and check in early. We were offered help to carry cases up. Our room was lovely, we stayed for four nights for a friends wedding our room was always clean, we had a en suit with a bath my boyfriend would have preferred a shower but it had a shower hear and it was lovely it wasn't a problem for me I enjoyed the bath. Towels, tea and biscuits replaced every morning. You're given breakfast menus to fill in and leave the night before so your breakfast is ready in the morning but a few times when we had been hungover we had forgotten but our choices were remembered and we always got a lovely breakfast quickly with friendly service! Our friends who were getting married had a baby girl one evening we offered to baby sit and it was no problem for us to have a baby staying with us for one night! They were so accommodating nothing was an issue and it was so relaxed it felt like home! The couple were just wonderful and although it's a long drive down from Yorkshire it was so worth it! The beach near by is beautiful nothing bad to say!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Both Michael and Sharon couldn't have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they even seemed to read our minds! They always greeted us with a smile, were always interested in our plans and were full of information themselves. The beach was a few minutes away, the town 20 minutes walk - but there were buses! We can't fault this B and B on any count!

Room Tip: We had the double room with the sofa - perfect for realaxing! It was on the first floor but we had h...
Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 September 2016

A first class guest house brilliantly placed for Gyllingvase beach & a short walk to Falmouth Town railway station and tha centre of the town. Our room (No 2) had
a balcony with stunning views to the beach below. Certainly worth booking if you are in Falmouth for an enjoyable leisure break.

Room Tip: No 2 at the front
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Lovely Hotel in Falmouth. Ideally located for a short stroll to the beach and the harbour/town areas.
Wonderful hosts, beautiful breakfast and rooms exceptionally clean & spacious.
Cannot fault & would definitely return, wished we had booked for a longer stay we were so impressed.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family