“Historic Chester”
Review of Chester

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Chester UK
10 helpful votes
“Historic Chester”
Reviewed 10 March 2006

This city is fantastic - it has some very old architecture from Roman remains, Tudor, Georgian & Victorian everything if you appreciate old buildings & architecture. This city is well worth a visit! The shopping is great too with many small boutiques and antique shops in Watergate.
-- In summer the boat trip on the river is the only way to see some fine buildings along the waterfront.

2 Thank Chester360
Fort Worth, Texas
25 helpful votes
“Charming Walled City”
Reviewed 7 December 2005

My husband and I traveled to Chester on business this past July. We spent a few extra days there to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We stayed in a nice bed and breakfast (I would like to emphasize 'breakfast') called The Green Bough. We found it to be very comfortable, loved the staff, and the breakfast was incredible! During the days that my husband was meeting with clients, I toured the city center on foot (yes, the city was safe enough to go by myself). I took the recommended walking tours the first and second day, and then ventured off to other parts of the city the remaining days. All I can say is that I really enjoyed this charming walled city. Everything was very convenient, the shopping was great, the cathedral, river, and parks were beautiful, and the people were friendly and helpful. We ate at several of the local restaurants and the food was delicious. Especially worth mentioning is La Brasserie.

On the weekend my husband and I drove into Wales and Liverpool to check out some of the beautiful spots that were recommended by the locals. We really hope to go back again and visit this beautiful area and these wonderful people.

Been to Chester? Share your experiences!