“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Room.
Dining Room.
Front Garden
Lawn in front of house
River View from Front Lounge area
Personal Seated Landing Stage at front of house.
Kitchen Area
Dining Room
Master Bedroom, facing River Dee
Bunk bed room.
Bunk Bed Room
'Summer Room' facing the River Dee.
Master Bedroom
Living Room.
View of River Dee from living room.
Front garden area and River Dee.
Summer Room.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sverrir R
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The house is very well located by the River and close to a very nice Garden. It takes less than 5 min to walk into the center of town.
the house is very well maintained, very clean and well equipped, has everything you need for you stay.

I spent 4 nights there with my wife and mother and we all had a wonderful stay.
Sverrir Reynisson

13 May 2017
Sverrir is a regular customer of mine. I am always trying to improve my guests experience at Rondeva. I am extremely pleased with this review. Many thanks. Regards. Chris
S B
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely house, superb location ”
Reviewed 14 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Family gathering in Chester to celebrate a special birthday was made extra special by staying in this lovely house
The riverside location is simply beautiful and a never ending source of entertainment - birds, dog walkers and various water crafts!
Chester's historic city centre is within easy walking distance so hardly used the car once we had parked up on arrival
All mod cons & comfortable beds added to the great experience
Kindness & cooperation of the owner very much appreciated

14 Feb 2017
I am extremely pleased with this review. The guests were a pleasure to have at my lovely Holiday Home. I always try my best to ensure that they experience a comfortable stay. Many thanks Chris
JKLnB
UK
“Best location in Chester”
Reviewed 2 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at Rondeva. I grew up in Chester so knew that the location of the house would be good but until you stay there you don't fully appreciate how amazing it really is.
I wanted to show my 3 young children my home town so we had a pretty packed schedule. Staying right on the banks of the river, with loads of wildlife and boats to watch was such a treat, not to mention having the play area of Grosvenor Park pretty much on the doorstep!
The amphitheatre, walls, restaurants, racecourse, cathedral, museums, shops, boat and bus tours are all just a couple of minutes walk away. We were also within a short car ride of the Zoo and Aquarium.
It was so nice after a long day of sight seeing to wander into town for dinner, knowing that it was just a short walk back 'home'.
The house has great facilities, dishwasher, washing machine (tablets provided for both), TV, WIFI, hair-drier, towels, shower gels. There is even tea, coffee and milk for a cuppa as soon as you arrive. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could need, and if you did want to cook, there are a few recipe books for inspiration too - There is a large Waitrose within walking distance for any bits and bobs you might need.
Rondeva is a period house and has a wonderfully quirky nature. We had a fantastic time there and were amazed that despite our busy schedule (and 3 small children), we felt so rested and relaxed in our surroundings.
The best part for me though was the view from the lounge and bedroom windows. It was so lovely to look out onto the river and the tranquillity of The Meadows. Yes, there are other places to stay in Chester, but none of them will have a view and location as fabulous as Rondeva.
The children are already asking if we can visit again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location, oh, and the view.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
4 Nov 2016
I am so pleased my guests always enjoy there time at Rondeva and want to return. I am continually trying to improve Rondeva despite all the positive feedback!! I would encourage potential guests to visit and experience this beautiful house and area. Regards Chris
TravelBug...
Durham
“Fabulous location, great hospitality”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Location perfect with riverside views, and short walk into Grosvenor Park which has lovely playground facilities for children, not forgetting the squirrels. Short walk into Chester itself.
House beautiful and clean and is well equipped with snug lounge.
Lovely touches with bottle of fizz and sweets and toys left for children on arrival.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Oct 2016
Once again an excellent review!! I continue to be pleased that my guests enjoy their stay at Rondeva. I look forward to seeing "TravelBugs100!" again! Regards Chris
mummyruth
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Ms”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Had a great 4 night stay here. House is well placed, right on the edge of the river with a pleasant walk through the park to the city shops. Kids loved the Playpark just across the road and the view over the river just lovely. House itself is quite old with uneven floors and walls but very comfortable and clean. Chris very helpful and just a text away. Parking on the narrow road not for the faint hearted if you're not used to city parking. Overall I'd say if you are used to ultra modern then might not be for you but we loved it, lots of character and location couldn't be better.

21 Sep 2016
I am pleased Ruth enjoyed her stay. It's a lovely 1862 Grade 2 Listed Building with lots of character. I look forward to Ruth staying again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing