“Perfect location for a family stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Stylish living, with 42 inch flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi. Newly decorated throughout.
Enjoy your meal with a complimentary bottle of wine A great place to relax and unwind
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy your meal with a complimentary bottle of wine
A great place to relax and unwind
Well-equipped open plan kitchen
A nice cup of tea after a long day sight-seeing
View of the apartment building on the left
Modern family bathroom
The bathroom has lots of soft towels and indulgent bath products
Twin bedroom with extra pull-out guest bed. Newly decorated.
Master Bedroom, newly refurbished with luxurious king size bed
En Suite with fluffy towels and complimentary shower products
View of the Steam Mill from the living room. An ideal spot to watch the world go by
The Steam Mill across the canal with a passing barge
The Roman Emperor greets the locals on Werburgh Street
Eastgate Clock, the most photographed clock after Big Ben
1000 year old Chester Cathedral
The Cathedral Garden is a romantic setting in spring bloom
Roman legionaries on the march
Shakespeare under the stars, Open Air Theatre at Grosvenor Park
Mingling with dragons at the Summer Watch Parade
Roman chariot racing at Chester Races
The Roman Legion demonstrating tactics in the 2000 year old Amphitheatre
Famous 15th century Shopping Rows and  Cross, a meeting place since the Middle Ages
Eastgate Street, with its fabulous shops and historical buildings
Enjoy a boat trip or stroll along the River Dee
Mid Winter Watch Parade
A great view of the Old Harkers Arms from the lounge
View of the new Waitrose
Fire-eater at the Winter Watch Parade in December
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Spanish first
Any
Martine B
“Perfect location for a family stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I rented this apartment for a three week stay for a family of four plus one toddler on a trip from New Zealand to meet up with UK family.
The owners were incredibly helpful, turning up to give us a hand when we needed them and making us all very welcome. They fixed us a cot for our toddler and all the extras they provided, such as sheets and towels were excellent. We were pleased to find that as well as a small bathroom, there was an en suite off one of the bedrooms, making morning time is a lot easier. The apartment is delightful, safe and very spacious for a city centre location with a prime view over the ever-changing canal side and a stream of colourful barges. With heating, free Wi-Fi and a designated underground parking space we had everything we needed. In particular, the lifts up to the apartment were very useful for our toddler and to transport are large suitcases.
We were incredibly lucky with the weather, which meant that our strolls along the canal side into the shopping and historic sites of Chester were easy and pleasant. Like other reviewers, we were tempted by the fantastic choice of nearby restaurants. We particularly recommend the Siam Orchid and the Teppanyaki restaurant below it. We also discovered a fantastic set menu at the stylish Yard restaurant.
As well as Chester, we travelled to Liverpool, Manchester, and Llangollen and Penryhn castle in North Wales. As well as having a car to hand, the railway is no more than ten minutes walk.
We still miss our wonderful Chester apartment and would love to return again next year!

Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Young Children
26 Jul 2016
We loved your brilliant review, it was a pleasure to read. Good to know the place was perfect for your family, including the toddler! We love having kids to stay, especially seeing them transfixed by the view of the canal and the ducks. Thanks for the tip about the Yard restaurant, which is so stylish, and also child-friendly. See you again next year.
Edwin A
“Cosy and colourful apartment in an ideal location with views over the canal.”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The apartment was close to all amenities with a lovely walk up the canal to town. It was newly decorated with colourful accessories right down to the colour co-ordinated toiletries! The two bathrooms also meant no fighting over showers with our 16 year old daughter! Yvonne and Keith were very attentive during our stay and we appreciated the bottle of bubbly and breakfast goods they had kindly left for us. The sun streams in all day and, if there wasn't so much to do in and around Chester, you could sit by the French windows watching the barges or the café life on the opposite side. Waitrose made life simple and there are several restaurants to choose from which too are only a few minutes away if you don't want to go back into town in the evening. We'd happily return and our daughter said she'd love to come for a shopping weekend with friends (well that's going to have to wait a couple of years!) Thank you for a great stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being on the canal
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
19 Apr 2016
I’m so glad you liked our colourful décor – and the matching toiletries! We had fun putting it all together. So pleased you liked the goodies and the sun streaming through the French windows. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the restaurants right near the apartment. We’d love to welcome you again on another sightseeing break – and of course shopping! Thank you for staying with us.
jemelvin2...
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and beautiful apartment, what a find!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here - we are a family of 5 (3 adults and 2 children) and were down visiting family for our Easter break.

Yvonne and Keith met us on arrival and showed us where everything was and how everything worked - they were very welcoming and had a bottle of cava, croissants and jam for us which were a lovely suprise. There was also butter, biscuits, a Tassimo machine with pods, milk, and everything you could need in the kitchen. There were also toiletries in the bathroom and en suite should you need them, so very much a home from home!

There is a designated underground parking space in a secure car park which was excellent and a lift or stairs to the apartment. The apartment itself is beautifully decorated and is exactly like the pictures! Yvonne and Keith had even gone out and bought books and a game for my boys to play with which was such a lovely thought.

The flat was lovely and warm and we didn't adjust the heating at all throughout our stay and the weather was mixed all week. There is free wifi which was excellent. The shower was lovely and powerful and there were lots of lovely fluffy towels.

We ate out in the evenings as we were on holiday and meeting family, but we did shop at Waitrose which is just across the road, and also M&S which is a few minutes walk away and had lunch in the apartment a couple of times.

The location is perfect and a five minute walk away from the city of Chester which has a beautiful Cathedral and architecture - it's such a lovely city. It has some great shops and restaurants, and there are restaurants within a 30 second walk of the apartment too!! Chester train Station is literally minutes away and we took the train to Liverpool for the day which is very cheap and convenient with trains every 15 minutes.

I simply can't recomment the apartment enough. Now we have found this perfect place we look forward to future visits!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the apartment itself
Liked least: There is nothing to dislike!
Travelling group: Extended Family
15 Apr 2016
We're so glad you enjoyed our welcome hamper, well-equipped kitchen and bathrooms, and the fluffy towels. We tried to imagine what guests would like whilst on holiday, and it’s great to get such fantastic comments. The ‘home from home’ comment was nice to hear, as we want people to feel at happy during their stay. We’re pleased your kids liked the books and games – we are building up a little collection of child-friendly DVDs, books etc. How lovely you were able to visit your relatives and take the train to Liverpool – a great day out. We enjoyed having you all to stay, and thank you for leaving the place so tidy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Superunkn...
Lichfield
“Perfect Apartment in the most Perfect Location”
Reviewed 28 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

When I booked this apartment I was very excited about staying here due to its location so close to the City Centre next to the Shropshire Union Canal and virtually opposite my favourite pub, The Old Harker's Arms. I almost want to keep this place to myself but it's only fair that I give this apartment an outstanding review as that is what it deserves. If I could score this apartment 50 out of 10 then I would.

Yvonne and Keith gave us a fabulous welcome and are both genuinely lovely and interesting people. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they showed us around the apartment and made sure that we knew how everything worked before the left us to it (they were contactable if we needed them but we didn't have to). They had left us a bottle of Cava and there were Easter eggs, croissants, butter, biscuits, mineral water, milk, fruit juice and coffee pods for the Tassimo machine as well.

I normally cook when I stay in apartments but, for some reason, I only made light snacks this time. I did bring lots of kitchen bits and bobs with me just in case but I am happy to say that the kitchen has everything you might possibly need. Lots of holiday apartments are often missing vital equipment like oven gloves, plastic chopping boards and egg cups.

The apartment is furnished thoughtfully with good quality items and is light and airy. The bright accesories and lovely wall art make everything really homely. It was nice to find that fleecy throws were also provided although the apartment was warm and cosy enough.

Lots of fluffy towels and bathroom toiletries were provided. The bathroom and the en suite shower room were clean as a new pin. The whole apartment was spotless and beautifully tidy. I can't think of one thing I needed that wasn't provided. Everything was in the right place too.

The bedrooms were bright and fresh with good quality bed linen and throws and matching colourful accessories.

The apartment gets the afternoon and evening sun and the Juliette balcony provides fabulous views of the narrowboats and general comings and goings on the canal. There are a number of places to eat out locally including Artichoke, Barton Rouge, Siam Teppanyaki and The Old Harker's Arms. It's a lovely walk along the canal to Frodsham Street which takes you into the city centre or you can walk straight along through the cutting down past the locks to Telford's Warehouse on the other side of the city. The new Waitrose store is just across the canal too although we didn't get chance to go in this time. Everything is convenient from here and we left the car and walked everywhere.

The parking space in the underground car park is a very good one as our car requires a small county to turn around in. There is lift access from the car park up to the apartment so this is a good place to stay for anybody who might have slight mobility issues. The apartment is incredibly easy to get to from the M53 which doesn't involve driving along any one way systems. We came past Chester Railway Station.

I cannot praise this apartment enough. I absolutely loved my Easter break here. When I am looking to visit Chester again this will be the first apartment I look at and I hope it will be available. I do advise booking well ahead as I think this is going to be an incredibly popular place to stay.

Thank you for everything Yvonne and Keith. We hope to see you again soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view over the canal, the light airy apartment, how comfortable everything was, proximity to City Centre
Liked least: There wasn't one thing I can say I didn't like.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
30 Mar 2016
Thank you for your kind and extensive review – it really made our day. We really appreciate all your comments and vivid descriptions of your stay – and that you loved the view of the canal. It was so lovely to get such positive feedback about the décor and homely atmosphere – we want everyone to feel at home as soon as they walk through the door. We’re so glad you had a fabulous Easter break and will come and stay with us again.
Elise1066
Conwy County, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Apartment”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I rented the apartment with my brother and nephew as a family get together. It turned out to be the perfect place - right in the city centre with a fabulous view of the canal and Steam Mill. The Juliet balcony was a great place to watch the barges go by, wide enough to stand on and get a lovely view. It is south facing so the patio doors provide sunshine all day and we had a few nice days, not bad for December. My nephew loved the beanbag gamer's chair and loved seeing the barges passing by. We all appreciated the free wi-fi, the big TV and film selection. The owners, Yvonne and Keith were very friendly and helpful throughout, and provided us with useful info on what to see and where to eat. I found the underground parking very convenient, with the lift straight to the apartment. My brother came on the train from Leeds, and the station is just 200 metres from the apartment so I was able to meet him there on foot. We had a lovely time in the apartment which is well-equipped for cooking and we enjoyed taking turns making meals, when we weren't eating out. I especially liked the Tassimo espresso maker and electric salt and pepper grinders - a nice modern touch. The place has been newly decorated throughout, with modern furniture, bright cushions and modern canvases.
I slept in the kingsize bed which was very comfortable and my brother and nephew had the single room with twin beds - both slept very well there. The bathroom and ensuite were lovely and very clean, with fluffy towels and nice shower products. The bath bombs were also a nice treat. The wine and hamper of cheese, buns and milk were also appreciated.
The apartment is perfectly located – a short walk along the canal takes you to Frodsham Street – just a few minutes’ walk. There you will find a Tesco and many shops – the Cathedral and Roman Walls are right next to it. We had a great time visiting the Cathedral, the Roman sites and doing some shopping on the Rows – an amazing experience. A real step back in time. There are so many nooks and crannies, it’s so easy to slip into the past here. I will need another visit to see it all – and I would love to stay in the apartment again. Perfect for a short or extended break. A big thanks to Yvonne and Keith.

Travelling group: Extended Family
9 Jan 2016
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our apartment. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Best wishes, Yvonne and Keith
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing