Chester Visitor Information Centre
Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Ideal place to get ideas as to where to visit.

jackinbox99

from USD 20.90
from USD 9.80
from USD 10.40
More Info
All reviews helps visitors free leaflets victorian town usual tourist helpful man northgate street purchase tickets a stones throw walking tour starting point for sale answer questions alice in wonderland eastgate clock on display roman gardens tours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lots of maps and brochures of places to visit. We wanted directions to a specific attraction and the staff were more than happy to give us directions.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The centre is of course useful but I was a bit disappointed in the fact that there were very few free booklets on offer

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Don’t miss the walking tour, make a reservation. Extremely professional, knowledgeable and funny. Had a great time today.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Each day at 10:30 a (pay for), 90 minute walking tour of the city starts from the visitor centre. Led by one of the highly experienced tour guide team the easy paced walking tour gives you an excellent introduction to the history of the city with loads of details you might otherwise miss.
The tour includes a walk along part of the old wall before ending up back at the visitor centre.
NOTE The tour does not include a visit inside the Cathedral which can be done for free (hopefully with you making a donation!).

Reviewed 27 September 2018

When I arrived in Chester and went to my hotel, I found I'd been scammed online, and lost my money. So I hurried to the Information Centre to find somewhere else to stay. A nice helpful man explained that they no longer assist with finding accommodation, as most people can arrange it online - but what about us oldies who don't have smartphones??! I was quite annoyed, particularly when he just gave me a long list of accommodation which just showed names and numbers, with no further information. I had to go to the library to use a computer, and found a bed for the night, but if the library had been closed, I would have been left in the lurch. I think it is a disgrace that Tourist Information no longer helps visitors with accommodation, as it is so inconsiderate to the many people that do not have their own internet access, or can't use computers.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Litterally a stones throw from the Cathedral, next to to the Town Hall, we popped in here and got a free map & some "what to do" guides. The map was quite handy as it saved having to keep whipping my mobile phone out to check where everything was. It also gave us ideas for areas we had not yet explored and other places to see/things to do.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very well versed staff and plenty of information to hand. Nothing too much trouble and the facility is a key element of Chester

Reviewed 9 September 2018

A small little palce next to the Town Hall where you can book up tours, zoo trips, bus trips, grab some gifts and a few local maps. They guys in there seem to know their stuff and are helpful

Reviewed 2 September 2018

After my Sister and I had been to the amazing Cathedral we went across the road to the Information centre to see if we could get some gifts for our families. We found quite a few nice things some absolutely lovely stuff and good quality but quite expensive. Very nice staff apart from one young woman who completely ignored me and didn't even know I was there walked right in front of me and nearly knocked me down as she was talking to another member of staff about the song that was on right then and danced round the corner. But all in all a very nice visit :)

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Not only an info centre but a museum as well with a large range of things to see and experience. It had a nice little cafe too