“Poor, very poor and oh poor.”
Review of The Victoria Pub

The Victoria Pub
Ranked #11 of 50 Quick Bites in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Called in today for lunch, good old fashioned pub just the thing I like to support. Ordered 2 drinks and asked the barman if he could hold off payment until we had decided what we wanted to eat. No tabs in here I was told and had to pay separately. This almost put me off and I wish it had. My "homemade" curry was passable but the wife shepherds pie was diabolical. Dry catering chips in this day and age are just disappointing. This could have been a great experience in a great pub in the heart of Chester but it was just rubbish and oh yes when I went to the loo the chef came in had a pee and didn't wash his hands. Poor.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This pub is on one of the rows and so is amidst the ambience of the historical rows. It has lots of little snug areas and serves good food and good beer. It is very popular though so you may have to hunt for a table but well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Enjoyed the beautiful very large bowl of soup and crusty bread. Staff friendly and welcoming. A nice atmosphere. Didn't wait long for our soup which was hot and rolls were warm and fresh. As one of the bar staff went off duty he presented me and my friend with a Cadbury's cream egg. A lovely gesture to two ladies no longer in the first flush of youth.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Went in for a 'home cooked' lunch whilst visiting Chester. The fish and chips I ordered was inedible. Very overcooked fish with hard batter and the fish inside dried to nothing. The chips were frozen and were pale and not properly cooked. I returned this meal and asked for a chicken alternative which was not much better. My companion's fish wasn't overcooked but had no seasoning. Would not recommend this pub for food.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

my friend and I had sunday lunch here whilst on holiday in chester. In terms of value for money and the quality of food it was one of the best sunday lunches we have had. The service was great and the staff very friendly