1,507 results
All reviews race course railway line city centre scrambled egg and beans white horse refurbished room budget hotel free breakfast free car park excellent location third floor the sofa bed yogurt would stay again five minute walk short stay no air con
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Perfect location for ease to walk into the city centre (we are old). Also pretty easy for the main routes into the city.
Staff professional, pleasant & helpful. Rooms very clean & well appointed but just a little bit noisy (even in a very quiet room). This is why I didn't give it 5 star.
Breakfast excellent and even at a busy weekend there was plenty of everything & all was clean & tidy.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Lucy H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

We are very lucky to be located just a five minute walk from the city centre for our guests to explore the wonderful city of Chester.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced our high standards of customer service and will be sure to pass these comments on to the team.

Once again thank you for your recent review and we hope to welcome you back soon to experience a newly refurbished room with new bed once again. Kind regards Lucy Hammond Revenue and Sales Executive.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

A great hotel for a short stay in Chester
Plenty of parking, close to the town centre.
Fantastic shower in the room
Free drink for both me, and my partner, as I an a Gold Club member, and a choculate bar too.

On the down side, this was by far the most expensive HIEX I have stayed in.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a couple of nights. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the town centre, with free parking. It is situated next to the race course. If the racing is on try get the 3rd floor rooms 323 to 309 there is a really good view of the course. The rooms are small and clean but with every thing you need. Breakfast is basic with limited choice. The staff really friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 December 2016

we had a newly reburbished room that had everything needed for a short stay. Room was clean and included body wash and hand soap in the bathroom. Reception looked lovely with the christmas tree up. Was able to check in early which was great as we parked in the hotel's free car park and walked along the city walls to the centre of Chester.All staff were pleasant and helpful. Duty manager booked us a table at the White Horse Pub, food was lovely and the setting very nice with wood burners glowing. Would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor room overlooking race course
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you experienced our high standards of customer service and will be sure to pass these comments on to the team, especially Emma who put the Christmas tree up herself.

I am also pleased to hear that you dined in our on site restaurant, offering 10% discount to guests.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This hotel is in a great location, within very easy (few mins) walking distance of the city centre and with free parking. The reception staff were very welcoming.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, we were given one of the newly refurbed ones on 3rd floor. I was a bit concerned that there was an interconnecting door in our room to the room next door, there was a bit of noise transference from it but not enough to cause us a problem.

The hotel is by a road and we were on the front and as I'm a light sleeper, I'd have preferred to have been on the back of the hotel but it wasn't a major problem.

The only disappointment I had was that one of the clean bath towels in our room had a big streak of lipstick on it, again not a major issue - I just didn't use it and left it on bathroom floor to be replaced.

Breakfast was included and although basic, very welcome. There was a mix of hot (sausages, baked beans & scrambled eggs), croissants, Danish pastries, toast, cereals and yoghurts. Along with fruit juice plus hot drinks machine (coffee/tea/hot choc).

All in all, good hotel in great location, I would stay there again and have already recommended it to family.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

I apologise about the bath towel and will be taking the relevant action with housekeeping regarding this.

I am also pleased to hear that you made use of our complimentary hot drinks available to our guests.