1,784 results
All reviews park and ride health club leisure facilities evening meal bar prices city centre steam room cheshire oaks minute drive stayed here for two nights tea and coffee two night stay enjoyable stay weekend break yogurt zoo canal
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for an office Christmas party. The rooms are basic but comfortable. All the standard things you need. The food is reliable and to a good standard. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a good selection of drinks are the bar.
The location of the hotel is perfect for Park and drive into Chesterfield which is 5mins walk down the road.
We will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Eric S, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for taking the time to review us at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well.

Unfortunately today is my first day but I did not want you to think your review had been ignored.
Although I am unable to honestly respond to previous reviews I can assure you they will be read, actioned and shared with the team.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Me and my husband stayed here for the night, a gift from our daughter for Christmas so therefore had not chosen the hotel ourselves. The hotel was amazing, welcomed by reception staff who were friendly ensuring we had everything to have a relaxing staff
The room was clean and comfortable with a huge kingsized bed .... we both had an excellent nights sleep. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room.
We opted to have breakfast in the hotel for an additional £11 each. A good range of cereals, fruit, toast and cooked breakfast, all very tasty and filling.
Bar prices are the norm for hotels. There are spa factilities at the hotel which we could have also used if we wished but, only having one nights stay we chose to explore Chester instead.
A lovely place to stay if visiting Chester, highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tat30

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The staff were FANTASTIC. our room on the first night stank of cigarettes and the hotel key didn't work. The key was fixed and we were moved room on the second day. The pool was shut for a day and a half due to a lack of staff and chemical problems in the pool. The sauna and steam rooms were shut too. dinners were good and while sometimes you had to wait a long time for hot food to appear breakfast was good. drinks were expensive at the bar, a blackcurrant and lemonade came to just under £5. this may have a five star rating but it isn't!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Carina S S
Louis M, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Carina SS
First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback and constructive commenst.
I also would like to assure you that since your stay all the issues you did report are now resolve.
Once agin many thanks and I look forward your next visit.

Kind regardfs

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Myself and some friends booked this hotel for New Years Eve, it was for a themed 20's night with a four course meal and entertainment.

The hotel is billed as four star, sadly we did not find that it lived up to its billing. Although the rooms were clean etc. there was only minimal tea bags/coffee sachets and no biscuits in the room.

Although the dining room was decked out with various articles re. the 20's for example blow up machine guns and pearls on the table the meal was very disappointing and did not live up to expectation. The singer was very good but only sang whilst we were eating and the disco that followed did not really cater for the age group that attended.

The whole thing was a big disappointment. Having spent last New Year's Eve in the Mercure in Wigan, which proved to be a brilliant night, it was very much a 'let down'.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank WiganPatty

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with 3 other couples for new year celebrations had a fantastic time from checking in to leaving. Rooms of a good standard and very comfy beds had privilege room which included fridge, air conditioning, coffee machine plus robe slippers and many other extras. Breakfast had everything you could possibly need. The new year party was great fun. Would like to thank all the staff for friendly excellent service especially Lisa on reception who joined in our friendly banter and helped out whenever needed. Thank you

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends