1,403 results
All reviews park and ride business park reception staff swimming pool executive room bar area health club changing rooms sofa bed family room would stay again bit dated bar prices evening meal city centre minute drive leisure facilities
Reviewed 12 September 2018

The hotel looks tired from the outside but inside they bar and reception look recently refurbished. Our room looked tired although it looks like they are making improvements as the bathroom is quite new. Our bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The cleanliness of the room wasn’t great. There were tea stains up the wall near the tea making facilities and stains on the carpet. Food and drink was average and very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay. It's good to read you slept well however please accept my apologies for the issues you describe - these are not indicative of our usual standards and as such I have shared your comments with the team for their information and action and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I parked in the designated car park for a total of 38 minutes while we went into reception, requested prices and availability, discussed them and then left and then I received a £100 fine! Can you please explain to me where potential customers are supposed to park if they cannot park in the designated car park!?! Absolutely shocking and needless to say you've lost a potential customer!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JenWiillow
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

I'm sorry to read that you received a parking fine following your recent visit. We do provide complimentary parking to all our guests however their cars need to be registered at one of the terminals within the hotel to prevent a fine being raised. As a genuine visitor to the hotel please contact us with the details from the letter you have received, to enable us to cancel the charge on your behalf.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

As the title says, in my opinion the Room is a bit tired. My tv only worked intermittently with 4 channels, the plug in the bath was blocked so filled up when showering and the corridors were in need of decorating.The service though was great, from checking in to anything i needed, breakfast and checking out, the staff are great.I’ll be back as my company books the rooms, but if I was paying I think I might go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay with us. It's good to read you received great service from the team however please accept my apologies for the issues you describe. I've shared your comments with the team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Lovely staff is what made this hotel... I initially did a review saying our room (there was 2 of us) was missing a lamp shade, stains on bottom of bed and hole in the wall. On our last night of 3 nights we were left 1 complimentary drink voucher due to the issues I had stated. It was nice to have this but guess they expected us to share it .....Should have been very easy for them to see there was 2 people sharing. The beds were a touch to soft but did sleep fine and have to say fantastic air con. They never replaced the sugar or sweetener but coffee/tea were replaced. Only an issue if you have sugar like myself...overall the staff were very friendly from the reception through to the cheery lady who served us at breakfast and the staff at the pool/gym. Breakfast was ok. Good selection but as it's a buffet the hit lamps tended to dry out the pancakes, bacon and beans. Overall it would be the customer service I would return for.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay - it's good to read you found the team very friendly, however please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. These are not indicative of our usual standards and as such I have shared your comments with the team for their information and action and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Nice hotel easy to book in room was clean and tidy and came with free water and a kit kat. Room was cleaned every day an was restocked each day, also came with free toiletries. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful. The only downside is the bar prices £21 foe a double gin and rum

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for posting your feedback - it's good to read you had a good stay - I've shared your comments with the team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.