Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
One of my favourite places

I haven't been for a while but I love this zoo. I have been to zoos in America and Singapore... read more

Reviewed yesterday
mogerrard
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Amazing visit as alwags

I’ve been here a few times. My son and I visited as a group with his nursery. Grounds are all kept... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Luvtravel201406
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chester
from USD 72.05
More Info
from USD 674.64
More Info
13,336 results
All reviews bat cave butterfly house conservation work baby elephants big cats large enclosures boat ride animal enclosures packed lunch great family day plenty of places to eat plenty of space school holidays monorail picnic lions jaguar
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a great day at Chester Zoo today, marred by one thing.....underhanded charges for drinks. On arriving, having spent almost £50 for my daughter & myself to visit our first stop was a snack hut for drinks. The price list said tea £2.30 (only one price listed) & a slush £2.50-so I was somewhat surprised when the girl serving us said “ That’s £5.10 please.” I asked how that could be, she turned to the till, pressed a button, turned back & said “£4.80.”

At lunch ordered food & drinks & paid, only afterwards I noticed a “go large” fee of 30p under my coffee-but again only one price listed. Imagine school holidays how many adults are paying 30p per drink unknowingly-feels very underhanded to me.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We enjoyed our day, I must admit that I was exhausted, but the grandchildren aged 11 and 4 were still full energy. We had a few conversations with staff, and we found everyone of them were pleasant and full of knowledge.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Seen this Zoo featured on the TV which inspired us to visit and it did not disappoint either. It's quite big so you will need a full day set aside as it has several different species of animals some of which are unique and unknown in a vast area. Plenty of parking and it does warn you that if it gets busy, be prepared to park in the overflow which can be muddy.There were a few closures more so with the birds due to possible flu but that is understandable considering some of the birds are extinct. If you go around opening times which is 10am the queue is not so bad. We booked online which is cheaper and enabled us to fast track in. You get a free map which tells you about the zoo and times of the talks about various animals. We suggest you go to these talks especially if you have kids as it is not too long and can be quite funny too. There are plenty of toilets, play areas, picnic tables and places to eat on site. Food slightly pricey however the quality is good. We had Hot Dogs and a Drink offer x 2 for £11.50 all in. There is a Lazy River ride which is free so worth going on just for a sit down and chill. Staff friendly and helpful however disappointed not to see the stars of the TV series around..day off probably?! Would we go back? Yes without a doubt as they are improving and developing new and exciting animals for the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

There’s a reason this zoo is the best in the UK and features in a Channel 4 series - the choice of animals and the staff. A huge zoo with so much on offer. Plenty of facilities, coffee shops etc as you make your way around. Superb new “islands” area with fabulous cheeky silver gibbons and orangutans. Best bits for us were the sloth and jaguar areas and the bat forest. Worth every penny. A fab family day out.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Enjoyed easter weekend with my family ( 2 yr old).
Though some animals were bit lazy to come out. However could see most of them.
Particularly enjoyed the elephant family, Lions, Cheetah, Jaguar, Giraffee etc.
There were plenty of toilets and eateries.
However bit disappointed with the train ride, which showed only 1-2 animal points.
Unlike other zoo in Luton, where in the train ride covered all the animal points at one ride

I have taken photograph option provided by zoo, and got a code emailed.
However the code was not working , currently sent out an email to magicmemories.com (who took these photographs)