All reviews main building courtyard room full english small hotel breakfast was excellent city centre faulkner street short stay hoole village wifi signal within walking distance single room off road parking cooked breakfast hotel grounds yogurt long weekend
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I have friends who live in Chester and I had been invited over for a few days so decided to book into The Chester Court Hotel as it had been recommended by the friends I was visiting , so I booked a single room for the 11th September until the 13th of September via Booking.com but my friends decided to book me a double room as I have been unwell lately and they thought a bigger bed would be more suitable and due to my illness I need to use crutches at times so I emailed them before my trip to see if they could accommodate me in a ground floor room and I got a reply saying it’s was no problem at all in fact they put me into one of the chalets out the back of the hotel which was appreciated. I was late getting from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to the Chester Court Hotel so I rang them to tell them I was going to be a little late and the receptionist thanked me for calling and said it was not a problem upon arrival I was very impressed by the beautiful old style house that has been converted into a hotel and when checking in the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful she explained about the times of breakfast in the mornings and that nobody is on reception after 10pm after checking in and signing my booking from I was shown to a chalet to the rear of the Hotel where some chalet type rooms had been added my chalet was number 21 right at the back of the building ,so as my Friends had collected me I left my bags into the room had a quick change and I left to go with them , I arrived back to the Hotel around 10pm and made my way to my Chalet at the rear of the hotel and as I was at the very back of the hotel I found it poorly lit and had to use my torch on my phone to see the key lock properly . So I got changed and got into bed which was comfortable and I dozed off but I was awakened during the night by the sound of scraping and running across the roof of my Chalet and to be honest it unsettled me but eventually I fell a sleep again and in the morning I heard similar sounds again so as I was going to breakfast I asked the couple in the Chalet that backed onto mine but they said they hadn’t heard anything so I went into the main hotel for my breakfast which I have to say was excellent and the girl serving me was very attentive and pleasant and I was offered a full cooked breakfast as well as a selection of cereals juices and fresh toast which I chose along with a pot of tea , the dining area was very nice done in a nice traditional looking way with a conservatory which you could also dine in so after my breakfast I went back to my Chalet to get a shower take some medication and get sorted for the day out with my friends and this is where my problems started I opened my shower door to get inside a very small shower and I found that the shower had not been cleaned from the previous occupants stay as it had hair stuck on the tiles and also the tiles were very dirty with black mould on the grouting and as I’m over 6ft I was almost hitting the ceiling and at one point I did only to get some paint flakes over me after my arm brushed against the ceiling it’s seem as it’s constantly damp it had bubbled and cracked over time so after showering and drying myself I seen more mould on the tiles beside the radiator again on the grouting and some broken plaster on top on a length of conduit covering the cables for the light so as I was going out I just noted it and went with my friends but after a morning with my friends I needed to go back to my Chalet for some rest and to take more medication and as I was lying on my bed I heard the running sounds on my roof again so I went around to reception to report it and I was met with a receptionist called Hannah who was not interested in my complaint she said its Squirrels and live with it so I asked her was she serious with her response to which she replied what do you want me to do kill them ??? So I asked to speak with a manager as I no longer wanted to deal with her ignorance and sarcasm so she called the owner Nathan and too his credit he arrived more or less straight away and he also said it was squirrels to which I was still not 100% in agreement with but to his credit he came round and went on the roof and moved some branches and nuts which had been hidden obviously by the squirrels so as it was a nice afternoon I kept my Chalet door open while Nathan was on the roof this is when I noticed that the bottom of my Chalet door had been scrapped and eaten away so much it left a hole in the bottom left corner of my door I explained to Nathan that I had seen similar on house back home and it wasn’t squirrels who done it anyway Nathan apologised for the receptionist Hannah’s poor behaviour and said he would have a vermin control company round to check all the boxes he had placed around the hotel. Some people will read this and think why am I complaining and my answer to that would be I paid good money for a 2 night stay in what from the front looks like a beautiful hotel and probably is but my stay was not pleasant as I was unsure if I had Squirrels or Other 4 legged friends running about the roof of my Chalet or even in my Chalet via the hole in the door . I have added pictures below this review I will let you decide if I am overacting .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely little getaway with my other half. Rooms are clean, tidy and a good enough size. Breakfast on a morning was lovely and served by great staff who were extremely attentive.
Beds were comfy also.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Small and old hotel with its quirks. Stayed as a single traveller in room 4 (single room). Whilst small, it was perfectly adequate for my needs. Bathroom was quite large. Due to it being an old hotel the floors do creak and walls are paper thin but I still managed to get some sleep. Although the bed could do with replacing as this wobbled and made a whole lot of noise when you moved an inch. The ladies on Reception and doing the breakfast service were very friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Me and the mrs stayed here for 2 nights in chester court hotel. Great breakfast the beds are very comfy all the hotel staff were very polite and friendly. Ggreat parking right outside the door. We was in no 19 in the courtyard 2 double beds. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Decided we needed a small break and we like Chester, having been several times before. Previously stopped in Premier Inns, just lately we have opted for smaller hotels, because you get better homely service.
And this is what we had from here. From booking in to leaving, we were treated with welcoming smiles and politeness.
We stopped in room 5, small, but we had everything we needed for a short stay of two nights. TV, coffee, tea making facilities, comfortable bed, nice bathroom with shower.
Breakfast was excellent, juice, cereal choices, fruit, yogurts and a lovely hot full English. What more could you ask for, before a long day out.
We were going to the zoo on Saturday, and the receptionist booked our tickets on line for us, and got a better discount than we could, thank you.
Lovely hotel, great location, only 15 minutes walk into town, or you can bet the bus.
There are pubs nearby, all offering good food at reasonable prices, if you don't want to walk back into town, after being out all day.
When we go back to Chester, will definitely stay here again.