All reviewsmain buildingcourtyard roomfull englishbreakfast was excellentcity centrefaulkner streetshort stayhoole villagewifi signalwithin walking distancesingle roomoff road parkinghotel groundsyogurtlong weekendlovely hotelcooked breakfast
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Booking a hotel in Chester was not easy at short notice but because Chester Court has mainly favourable reviews and is close to town and the zoo, we booked in, four adults in two rooms. I wish we hadn't. On the plus side there is good parking, the reception area and public spaces are appealing and the staff at reception are courteous and helpful, plus breakfast is good. On the debit side, all of the rooms we were shown are very small, without decent furniture and quite dismal. Would not stay here again. See photos.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2016

I stayed at Chester Court early April and I really enjoyed my stay.

I arrived mid day, which is usually quite early for most hotels to check in but my room was ready for me when I arrived. I stayed at a single room just above the reception. The room was clean and cozy, not too big but enough for just a good night sleep. They also had maps & restaurants recommendations in the room which was quite nice.

The breakfast was great too. I'm a vegetarian so I went for the beans on toast, which was decent. Other people had full english which looks and smells amazing too. The service was slow, probably because theres only one server but a whole room full of hungry customers.

The only few downside was:
1) the shower head broke & took me a while to put it back up to be able to shower again.
2) a bit far away from the city centre. About a 15-20 minutes walk? Not too bad if you enjoy a nice walk to the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I stayed at Chester Court Hotel for one night as had to cut short my booking with Travel Lodge Chester (see my review).
I stayed in a single room at the back of the hotel which was part of single story buildings arranged around a courtyard.
The room was quite small but perfect for my stay.
The room was very clean, comfortable with a very nice clean ensuite.
There were complimentary teas/coffees and biscuits, free parking and WiFi.
Breakfast was nice and staff very helpful and pleasant.
From my experience I would stay at Chester Court again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Little courtyard rooms are nice
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We booked this b&b through a compere website. We stayed for two nights. I want to get the good stuff out of the way first. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Right now for the not so good stuff. I was quite surprised by our room I had looked on the website and I can't remember seeing the room we had, I just remember seeing really lovely rooms very tastefully decorated. Not so our room, the carpet was filthy and under the bed hadn't seen an Hoover for quite some time. Also it felt damp and as I hadn't taken my slippers the floor felt wet. We may not have paid the full price and got a deal however I work hard for my money and it cost enough and I do not expect to be put in a damp and filthy annex. Suffice to say we will not be going back to stay there.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

The hotel and its staff is very pleasant with a nice bar and decent breakfast and plenty of parking. There is good access to Chester by bus (Sunday service very restricted). (Tip Go to the next bus stop toward Chester; there is a 2nd service from there).

The reason I marked the hotel down is because of our rooms which were in the loft and were consequently up several flights of stairs and very small. There was no convenient socket for the kettle of the very good tea and coffee provision. There was very little living space and the shower facility in particular was like standing in a bowl! OK for single night but we had booked for 3 nights. No idea what other rooms are like but potentially this review could have been much more positive.

In all honesty this is the kind of experience that drives one to use a hotel chain. They might be boring but you know exactly what you're going to get and if you don't get it they will usually do something about it.

Room Tip: Avoid the roof!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends