“☆Zoo Wedding☆Races☆Relaxation ”
Review of Chester Court

Chester Court
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here when visiting CHESTER RACES (£5 away in a Taxi) and we made reservations to stay here for a few days in order to attend my daughters wedding at CHESTER ZOO (£4.80 away in Taxi).

In all, my wife, relatives and I occupied around 7 rooms at this hotel for stays of 1 to 3 nights for the wedding. THE BRIDE also stayed here the night before the wedding. The make up lady arrived at 5.30am to tend to the bride and bridesmaids and breakfast was taken into thier room that they shared.

We stayed in a mix of hotel and courtyard rooms and no one had a bad word to say about anything connected to the hotel... Only PRAISE!

For my part as Father of The Bride I found this hotel to be excellent value for money. The rooms were of a high standard and the showers were great.

Easy free wifi throughout and TV, Tea, Coffee etc in your rooms. A lovely bar and lounge areas and a super breakfast area.

The breakfast choice is amazing and the service second to none and very friendly. You must try the FULL ENGLISH!

The service at the reception desk and the room service was top!

Nice BIG FREE CAR PARK at the hotel.

This is a great place to have your friends and family meet up and very sociable. The hotel staff catered for a range of 'odd wedding type requests'.

Thank you all at the CHESTER COURT HOTEL!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank TheExile

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Booking a hotel in Chester was not easy at short notice but because Chester Court has mainly favourable reviews and is close to town and the zoo, we booked in, four adults in two rooms. I wish we hadn't. On the plus side there is good parking, the reception area and public spaces are appealing and the staff at reception are courteous and helpful, plus breakfast is good. On the debit side, all of the rooms we were shown are very small, without decent furniture and quite dismal. Would not stay here again. See photos.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2016

I stayed at Chester Court early April and I really enjoyed my stay.

I arrived mid day, which is usually quite early for most hotels to check in but my room was ready for me when I arrived. I stayed at a single room just above the reception. The room was clean and cozy, not too big but enough for just a good night sleep. They also had maps & restaurants recommendations in the room which was quite nice.

The breakfast was great too. I'm a vegetarian so I went for the beans on toast, which was decent. Other people had full english which looks and smells amazing too. The service was slow, probably because theres only one server but a whole room full of hungry customers.

The only few downside was:
1) the shower head broke & took me a while to put it back up to be able to shower again.
2) a bit far away from the city centre. About a 15-20 minutes walk? Not too bad if you enjoy a nice walk to the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I stayed at Chester Court Hotel for one night as had to cut short my booking with Travel Lodge Chester (see my review).
I stayed in a single room at the back of the hotel which was part of single story buildings arranged around a courtyard.
The room was quite small but perfect for my stay.
The room was very clean, comfortable with a very nice clean ensuite.
There were complimentary teas/coffees and biscuits, free parking and WiFi.
Breakfast was nice and staff very helpful and pleasant.
From my experience I would stay at Chester Court again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Little courtyard rooms are nice
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We booked this b&b through a compere website. We stayed for two nights. I want to get the good stuff out of the way first. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Right now for the not so good stuff. I was quite surprised by our room I had looked on the website and I can't remember seeing the room we had, I just remember seeing really lovely rooms very tastefully decorated. Not so our room, the carpet was filthy and under the bed hadn't seen an Hoover for quite some time. Also it felt damp and as I hadn't taken my slippers the floor felt wet. We may not have paid the full price and got a deal however I work hard for my money and it cost enough and I do not expect to be put in a damp and filthy annex. Suffice to say we will not be going back to stay there.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple