All reviewsmain buildingcourtyard roomfull englishbreakfast was excellentcity centrefaulkner streetshort stayhoole villagewifi signalwithin walking distancesingle roomoff road parkinghotel groundsyogurtlong weekendlovely hotelcooked breakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I stayed at Chester Court Hotel for one night as had to cut short my booking with Travel Lodge Chester (see my review).
I stayed in a single room at the back of the hotel which was part of single story buildings arranged around a courtyard.
The room was quite small but perfect for my stay.
The room was very clean, comfortable with a very nice clean ensuite.
There were complimentary teas/coffees and biscuits, free parking and WiFi.
Breakfast was nice and staff very helpful and pleasant.
From my experience I would stay at Chester Court again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Little courtyard rooms are nice
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We booked this b&b through a compere website. We stayed for two nights. I want to get the good stuff out of the way first. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Right now for the not so good stuff. I was quite surprised by our room I had looked on the website and I can't remember seeing the room we had, I just remember seeing really lovely rooms very tastefully decorated. Not so our room, the carpet was filthy and under the bed hadn't seen an Hoover for quite some time. Also it felt damp and as I hadn't taken my slippers the floor felt wet. We may not have paid the full price and got a deal however I work hard for my money and it cost enough and I do not expect to be put in a damp and filthy annex. Suffice to say we will not be going back to stay there.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

The hotel and its staff is very pleasant with a nice bar and decent breakfast and plenty of parking. There is good access to Chester by bus (Sunday service very restricted). (Tip Go to the next bus stop toward Chester; there is a 2nd service from there).

The reason I marked the hotel down is because of our rooms which were in the loft and were consequently up several flights of stairs and very small. There was no convenient socket for the kettle of the very good tea and coffee provision. There was very little living space and the shower facility in particular was like standing in a bowl! OK for single night but we had booked for 3 nights. No idea what other rooms are like but potentially this review could have been much more positive.

In all honesty this is the kind of experience that drives one to use a hotel chain. They might be boring but you know exactly what you're going to get and if you don't get it they will usually do something about it.

Room Tip: Avoid the roof!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank blarnnie
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I had a clean and comfortable room on the second floor of a Victorian House (no elevator so pack lightly). I especially liked that the room was bright with three windows and one could open the window for fresh air.
Breakfast was in an unusually attractive spot in a greenhouse-type room and was excellent. All staff members were pleasant and helpful.
There are two common rooms on the first floor - one is a bar (where the prices seemed a bit high) and the other a lovely sitting room.
I didn't have a car so it was about a 20 minute walk from the train station (I'm slow) and 30 minutes to center of town/Cathedral.
If you are arriving by train when you come out of station, turn to your right, walk to end of block and go up stairs to Hoole Road. Turn to your right and walk several blocks.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

The rooms were small, bed was very old and scruffy also not comfortable , the pillows were awful all lumpy and in parts no stuffing, the shower in one of our rooms (we booked 2) didn't work we had to call someone to look at it .when the shower worked it was so noisy it woke people in next room The chair in one room ad a broken leg , the table lamps were way too big and clumbersum , also very dusty , the carpets are quite stained and old looking , the smoke alarm in one of the rooms was hanging down. We tried to clip it back up. The door doesn't. Fit properly , there is a big gap therefore the wind howls through. I feel the rooms needs a little bit of updating , ,, one other annoying thing was being woken at 6am by the bin men clanging and banging as they emptied all the bind by the room ....we were in the courtyard behind the main building where many rooms are located .

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple