“ITS OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Stafford, United Kingdom
“ITS OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

the dene hotel chester looks abit drabby from the outside, we stayed there me an my byfriend on 4/05/2012 for 1 night, and used the hotel as it was cheap!! and 1 mile outside city centre.
the hotel was ok, the room was tidy, a few feet scuffs up the wall, but it was do able, shower was not brillant not very powerfull but it did us, and we got our room for £5 as we collected the tokens from the sun newspaper so we wasnt expecting 5* but we would give this hotel a 2* rating, our room was number 19!!... they are renovating so you may get noise but we didnt as we were out the room all day!!

Room Tip: number 19 at the back of the hotel, but you have a good view of the car park and you can keep an eye...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

First of all, may I say that I am from a military background. I have spent many months in field conditions. I.e. tents in deserts, etc. My training and expertise did not prepare me for this. I really don't know where to begin. I am writing this from the bar now (oh my god!!!! The bar....later!!!). I've just deleted 3 paragraphs of complaint, realising I can sum this hotel by describing my first evening. On arrival, the girl behind the bar was overly keen to take the full amount of money for the week ahead. Said money paid in full, now for a refreshing drink at the empty bar ( I lie, her boyfriend was waiting to take her home. ). Out of the five fonts, two were empty. I really just wanted a can of beer, having driven for 5 hours. I jest u not, small glass of Pinot grigio (that has been open since the last mug came in) £3.65. Care ye for a beer sir? I think not!!! Small bottle of Leffe £3.75!!! It's not even about the criminal prices. Had I been rich enough, I could have drunk enough to have not felt the blow from the cleverly lain trap in my room, consisting of a broken door damper that swung down in a manner as to decapitate or at least fetch an eye out. I fully understand that most people would complain at this point. I, good ladies and sirs, am cut from a different cloth. I dutifully reset that trap for three days in a row. On arriving back to my room on each occasion, the maid, my nemesis, had done likewise. She nearly got me wednesday, fairplay madam. I write this to u on my last night in this hovel as endgame approaches. I intend to scupper as much Leffe as a man can handle. If I die, say only this of me, if you want to stay in Chester, book early, else you end up in this godforsaken Place!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Paul K

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

Hotel was okay, undergoing refurbishment. My room was large, clean and overall okay.

Stayed April 2012
Malton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed at the dene hotel for 2 nights it's a very average place with a 20 minutes walk into town.
Both mornings I was woken by either work men outside or adjacent room as the walls are so thin.
If you require a drink go next door to the oaklands as it must cheaper & a better atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jamie S
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Enjoyed a 1 night stay in this hotel. Spent the day wandering the shops and bars of Chester before enjoying a meal in Chez Jules (lovely restaurant) and night out in Cruize nightclub.

Room was clean and tidy and had hot running water. On arrival rennovation work was currently underway on an upper floor but his had stopped on our return from our visit to Chester.

The room was cheap as we had booked through www.hotel.com but was comfortable.

Breakfast was lovely in the light and airy dining room.

Room Tip: Excellent value for money.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple