3,036 results
All reviews simon radley restaurant la brasserie arkle bar michelin star restaurant turn down service thermal suite continental breakfast afternoon tea deluxe room beautiful hotel mini bar table service luxury hotel tasting menu special occasion on arrival car park
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

First time at this hotel and wasn’t disappointed. Located right in the center of Chester it was perfect for shopping, sightseeing, wall walking and eating. Friendly, helpful staff and we had a lovely quiet suite. Rooms were nicely decorated with complimentary tea/coffee/shortbread and toiletries. Just a shame the bathrobes in the room we a bit tatty. Bed was HUGE, comfy and had 6 pillows, so no annoying my partner at night.
If you get the chance, dine in the Michelin star ‘Simon Radley’ restaurant in the hotel and be daring and do the ‘tasting menu’ it is must and besides the food being exceptional the portions are perfect for 8 course.
The Arkle Bar was also nice to have an evening drink and chat in the hotel too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear 13COL13,

I'm always delighted to read reviews from guests who have enjoyed their first experience of The Chester Grosvenor so much! The first impression is so important, and I'm glad that we have achieved such a memorable one.

The hotel's location really is fantastic, and we are lucky to have a team of wonderful people who genuinely care about giving superb customer service to our guests. Our huge beds often receive many compliments and I am pleased that both you and your husband were able to enjoy a good night’s rest.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The most amazing day I have had, our wedding day was at the Grosvenor and I really can say we couldn't of asked for better, above and beyond is the best way to put it.
Stunning food and drink in a gorgeous setting, 5 star all the way.
Thank you to the team and staff for making our memory's perfect

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Richard P,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, and I am delighted that you chose The Chester Grosvenor as the venue for your special wedding day! It was our pleasure to host your special occasion and all the team are thrilled to read that they played a part in making your day so wonderful and memorable.

Our congratulations to you both once again, and a warm welcome always awaits you here at The Chester Grosvenor.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

WOW this is food at a totally new level for me, I was so impressed with the theatre of it all, the presentation, the tastes, the staff knowledge and charm. It truly is a impresive experience. I now understand how a restaurant can take fine dining to this level. The couple near to me seemed very matter of fact about it, but i came away in awe. Thank you so much

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear andy w,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent dining experience at The Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor. I am delighted it was such a wonderful experience that clearly you enjoyed and we're all pleased to have fulfilled your expectations so well!

We do hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Terrific service,beginning with baggage to front desk to brasserie staff. You are made to feel special and the beautifully adorned hotel interior does not disappoint! Great experience!
la brasserie is terrific. Food and service are amazing!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer O,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on the hotel. I particularly value feedback about our hardworking team, this is much appreciated. Our sincere thanks for this wonderful praise and Debbie, our La Brasserie Manager, is particularly proud that you enjoyed the food and service so very much.

Your kind words are a real compliment to us all and a warm welcome always awaits you here at The Chester Grosvenor!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My wife and I were treated to a short stay at this hotel as a joint birthday surprise. It did not disappoint in its five star rating. We started with the Champagne Sunday lunch in The Brasserie, fine dining but with good portions and incredible value for three courses. The hotel room was "only" the standard room but had all the space and facilities you would expect. The bed was enormous and very comfortable.
Breakfast was also excellent, a copious selection of a continental variety. A full cooked option is available at extra cost but I doubt if this selection would leave you wanting!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PBY54

Dear PBY54,

I am delighted to read your fabulous 5* review and I thank you for your kind compliments following your recent stay, which I have shared with the entire team who are delighted you took away such a favourable impression and fond memories.

Clearly you enjoyed the experience that we hope to achieve for all of our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to whenever you are next in Chester.

Kind regards,