Brookside Hotel
USD 140*
USD 99*
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa small double roomcity centrefriendly hotelfour postermin strollrecommend this hotelevening mealbath showerjust returned from a night staybooked this hotelquiet locationtwo nightsfamily roomtop floorbreakfast was excellentfull englishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed here 14/15 Nov. Friendly and clean this hotel was a bit old/fashioned but in a charming way. Great value for money we found the room and bed comfortable and got a good nights sleep. The breakfasts were big servings and toast was plentiful. Location is only around a ten/fifteen minute walk to town no need for taxis. Enjoyed our time in Chester its a stunning town. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark h
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My boyfriend took me for my 21st birthday present to the Brookside Hotel and it was fantastic. We stayed in a small double room, and it was so cosy. The room was very very clean, had champagne on ice when we arrived! (that was an extra obviously) It's close to the city and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. The receptionist (Katrina i think?) was so helpful, as was Richard, and a fellow who helped us with booking tickets and bus times behind the reception (man with glasses?) The breakfast was very tasty, but unfortunately we didn't try the restaurant at night, which we would certainly do on our next trip. The hotel honestly made our trip and we couldn't ask for anymore. Definitely going back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We spent two nights in Chester and were welcomed warmly at Brookside. The room was quiet and we had a very good sleep. Breakfast was plentiful and kept us going for a large part of the day. We would come back here, when visiting Chester again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I had booked for my one nights stay in Chester and so when I found that the conveniently located Premier Inn was full I was directed to Brookside.
A very warm welcome on arrival and a very nice room.
I ate in their restaurant and the food was simple and good, with friendly service.
My room had a newly fitted bathroom which was very nice.
Free WiFi too.
The only negative was the breakfast, apparently locally sourced produce (from the local Supermarket cheap isle is my guess)
This did not spoil my stay and I would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

stayed at this hotel 16-19th oct.staff very friendly on arrival,updated my room at no extra cost.room very clean.this is a gem of a hotel,2 star but could pass for a 5 star hotel.if you need a hotel in chester look no further,only a ten minute walk into town,fifteen minute walk to train station,the staff gave us directions to both places.the food was very good,the curry was out of this world.good bar prices.the hotel cat brookie shows up at night.will go back again,a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family