“Very very good food”

The Kitchen Storyhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kitchen Storyhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #224 of 608 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: USD 4 - USD 18
Description: inspired by the levant, made in the kitchen With the crossroads of the Eastern Mediterranean as our culinary starting point, we have collected recipes and ingredients from Greece to Turkey, Libya to Lebanon and returned to the kitchen to cook up wonderment! Take a seat at one of our sharing tables and discover the modern flavours of the Levant.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My hubby and I ate here last night before going to a performance in the theatre and am I so glad we did.

The food was exceptional in my opinion and bearing in mind we would usually eat at another restaurant in Chester that is meant to be one of the best places to eat in the UK, this surpassed that experience, and for me, I'd say this is the best meal I have had in Chester in a very long time.

I am veggie, so I'm often extra critical as usually there isn't much thought put into veggie dishes, but my fritters were so nice, and what I liked is the plate was not overloaded as is often the case for a veggie meal.

I love the causal feel to the dining and the fact it's so sociable being long tables that a number of different parties might be sat at.

The staff are just lovely, very professional and friendly at the same time, which is not always easy to achieve.

So we won't hesitate to book again next time we are going to something at the Storyhouse and even when we are not, such a great new eating addition to the city.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Table booked prior to a Comedy Event on site. Brilliant decision!
The food was excellent - all 5 of us has a great meal.
Service was great - despite a minor mishap regarding one of our fish dishes.
Wholeheartedly recommended

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Good grief. Food is overpriced with meagre portion sizes. Menu is very limited - harissa & sumac chucked over everything. Really disappointing considering the venue is supposed to be the Saviour of Chester

Date of visit: March 2018
Jodie H, Marketing at The Kitchen Storyhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your review, we're sorry to hear your experience dining at the Kitchen wasn't what you expected. In regards to portion sizes, our menu is designed with the idea of picking multiple small dishes to build your own meal, similar to tapas. Our Spring Menu is due to be released and maybe more suited to you, we hope to see you again soon to give it a try!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I had high expectations for this restaurant as middle eastern cuisine is my absolute favourite. I only had a quick lunch and although the service was friendly and unobtrusive, the food was just ok. My squash and halloumi meal was lukewarm. Also I am not convinced the pickles worked well layered with hummus and halloumi but this may just be my preference.
I will be back as I want to give it another change and really want this to be an exciting place to eat.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your review, we apologise your halloumi dish wasn't at a satisfactory temperature! We'll make sure this doesn't happen again. We hope to see you again to try our Spring menu!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here on sat night staff are so friendly but the food was very disappointing the starter was a non starter and the menu was very limited

Date of visit: March 2018

Hi, we're happy to hear staff delivered a friendly service! Feedback is incredibly valuable to us, your comments will be taken into consideration regarding any future menus, thank you for your review!