“Frequent visitors. ”
Review of Moules a Go-Go

Moules a Go-Go
Reserve with OpenTable
Moules a Go-Go is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 592 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: USD 19 - USD 38
Description: we are a modern family owned Bistro and Bar serving Chester for 18 years and specialising in fresh Anglesey Mussels, seafood and steak. All served with cocktails, gin, beers and wines.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We always make sure we visit when we visit Chester. We travel from Anglesey & have never had a bad meal. Venison cottage pie is Devine and always hits the spot in the cold weather. Always a varied selection on the menu, service is always quick and staff super friendly. Would highly recommend

duncan r, General Manager at Moules a Go-Go, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Good Morning, tezot,

Great to read you enjoyed your visit to our city and bistro, and thank you so much for taking the time to write about us.

Hope we see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited here for the first time since the restaurant moved location, as we were in Chester for the bank holiday weekend. We had always enjoyed meals here before and actually now prefer this location, in terms of ambience.

A great selection of dishes. We both had the moules (kimchi and thai curry versions) which at £17 for a 1kg pot with fries (or bread) was great value. Everything was perfectly cooked and the sauces weren’t overpowering.

We finished with cocktails and it was great that these were brought to us, as requested, about 20 minutes after finishing our meal and wine. No rushing of us, which makes a nice change from some places on a weekend. Fabulous espresso martini, I have to say!

Throughly recommend this restaurant - fantastic value for money, great food and lovely ambience. I’ll continue to make this my go-to place for dinner when visiting Chester.

Good morning Sue M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit last week its great to hear you enjoyed our new location as much as the old one.

hope we see you again on your next trip to our city.

duncan

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food was near perfect, well cooked and well seasoned, onions were slightly underdone in the sauce and the cream was seemingly absent but the mussels were cooked perfectly. This would easily have 5 stars if it weren’t for the overly loud bartender constantly singing and shouting across the room at his coworkers, this made the dining experience significantly less enjoyable. Still highly recommend just don’t sit too close to the bar.

duncan r, General Manager at Moules a Go-Go, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good morning Glac_104,

thank you so much for coming to see us and taking the time to write kindly about your meals.It's great to hear you enjoyed yourselves
I am sorry to hear our barman was too loud and spoiled your enjoyment, I will speak to him about this, he is an actor and not only love to sing and talk but does project his voice too loudly,

Thank you again for your valued feedback

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous mussels, better than France, these are cooked in the sauce so take on all the flavour of which their are many to choose from, will definitely return next time we are in Chester xx

Good morning Tracy R,

thank you for taking the time to write so kindly about our mussels, we have been serving Chester, with fresh Anglesey or Shetland mussels for 19 years now and its great to read about how you enjoy them.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

First time we have visited the new premises and we were impressed with the food and service. I had a pefectly cooked rump steak, medium rare. My daughter (age 12) had the chicken burger and my wife the mussels. And it was all ordered off the pre 6pm reduced price menu, so great value. Good to have the flexibility of having either a starter ( I had soup) or dessert (daughter had waffles and ice cream) . The only thing I wasn’t sure of was how good the coffee was going to be so decided not to order one.

duncan r, General Manager at Moules a Go-Go, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Good afternoon themeparkwizzard,

thank you so much for coming to finds us again, it's been nearly 2 years since we moved, but every day someone comes in who has only just found us again.

great to read your family enjoyed their meals and I agree the early menu is good value. ( our coffee is good too I​ promise)