“Popular restaurant, great pizzas”
Review of Les Douvres

Les Douvres
Ranked #72 of 260 Restaurants in Guernsey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Good quality food and a fixed price three course dinner menu with creative touches. Very polular location. Recommend booking.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed in this hotel and dinned 3 times food the best on the Island and very well priced, pizzas brill and fish so fresh you can smell it and if you are Vegetation there are many options (other half is Vegetation)

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Such a beautiful, cozy restaurant with buckets of character. Very tasty food and lovely atmosphere. The pizzas are the best on the island!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I visited Les Douvres during October to try their Tennerfest, after the word 'halloumi' jumped out at me from the menu! That was enough to tempt me in, but the selection was very tempting in all areas, so going there was an easy choice to make.

I decided to take a detour during an afternoon off from work and arrived on the late side of their lunch service. Although I had called ahead to book a table, I was given my choice of several as they were not busy, and chose to sit near the window indoors. The staff were very welcoming and gave me a chance to look over the menu. I knew more or less what I wanted going in, and ordered the halloumi fries, followed by seafood linguini and apple crumble.

The dishes were all very quick to arrive and always with the same warm service from the staff. The portions were a good size, though not so big as to be overwhelming. My starter of the halloumi fries was delicious, and paired with a tangy tomato sauce. The linguini, which I worried may have been heavy, was light, delicate and full of perfectly cooked fish and shellfish in a creamy sauce. The amount and quality of the fish was not something I had come to expect from a Tennerfest, which usually tend to be on the cheap and cheerful side. Finally, it was finished with the warm apple pie and ice cream, which proved a refreshing end to a very enjoyable meal.

This was my first visit to Les Douvres in several years after a pretty mixed experience when visiting with family. However, I'm glad to see that things have improved immeasurably in every way. From the friendliness of the staff to the quality of the food, everything was spot on and I look forward to visiting again in the future.

1  Thank GuruLark
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I ate here today ,fab food fab service.Will be back and will let friends know we enjoyed great service with a smile and fab food.