All reviews parker's piece continental breakfast executive room fair trade lovely hotel small balcony multi storey small hotel central location fresh toast train station air conditioning cold meats street noise third floor excellent location bars and restaurants
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my friend for one night on our first visit to Cambridge. We were welcomed by friendly staff who were very helpful and answered our questions about the town. The room was beautifully done out and clean. Lost of choice for breakfast. Would reccomend!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018

A lovely hotel, the room was excellent with a huge bed. The cold breakfast option was very good indeed, they had everything you could ask for from a buffet selection. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location is ideal if arriving by train.

The only downside is that the overhead lighting showed up the tiny amount of cellulite on my girlfriend’s bum. If you want to avoid grumpiness stick with the bedside lights.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iain T
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 1 night with a group of 8 family members. We had 4 rooms and all were large and lovely. A special mention to the friendly reception staff who changed our rooms to the Executive floor without any bother. The 3rd floor Executive rooms are fabulous with a tiny balcony over looking the tree tops. The rooms on the first and second floor are large and well maintained. The only issue we did have is that one of the rooms on the second floor had mathematical formulae wall paper which was a touch distracting ! There is a large, lounge, a bar and a small breakfast room which serves a cold breakfast which is more than adequate. Take note however there is no car park (there is a multi-storey round the corner where yo can park) however the cost of stopping on the street outside the hotel is 50p for 10 minutes.
Overall a fabulous hotel in a great location

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Spent one night here, was lovely. Nice decor, spotlessly Clean, great location, friendly helpful staff, comfy bed, quiet air con that worked, nice toiletries, kettle with mugs, room overlooking the park with a tree right outside, great breakfast with fresh strawberries and stuff as well as pastries and meats. Will certainly return if we come to Cambridge again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I booked via the Internet. All as usual, until I was asked if there were any special requests that hadn't been taken care of. I conferred with my friend, and she suggested that they hadn't offered a basket of kittens. Could they provide? I noted it down - just for fun and thought no more about it. On arrival. Clean, very friendly, helpful. Room immaculate. Bathroom more than sufficient. Bath with shower inside, basin, bidet and loo. Towels, makeup flannel. Flannel. Fitments left where a towel rail had been removed still in place - probably as would have made more of a mess than to remove. In no way detrimental to my stay. Carpet thick. Dressing gown. Slippers. TV. Very comfortable bed and air conditioning. I like to sleep in a room which is cool, and so I can snuggle down under the covers and on the dressing table a beautifully cut out image of...a basket of kittens, carefully handmade and supported on a triangle of paper. What service! Quite astonishing. Breakfast was cold - Danishes, toast, marmalade (little Tiptrees, but with plenty of choice in reserve and to hand), cold meats, cereal, as much tea and coffee that you could drink, cheese, fruit...I love a cooked breakfast - but this was more than sufficient. Much more.
The hotel was on the main road going through Cambridge. Friendly. Clean. Practical. Small. Silent and their service couldn't be faulted. I have never before been given such personal service as a hand made card of a basket of kittens. A wonderful touch that I really appreciated.
We were there just over night - so services not fully experienced.
TripAdvisor asks if this is suitable for families. It depends on the family and how you would define one. Adults yes. Youngsters - probably. Babes in arms - not sure. Though I suggest you contact the hotel directly. They do everything they can to help. Marvellous.

Room tip: Talk to the staff - it seems they will try to accommodate any request...
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends