“Good but not game changing. ”
Review of Spitfire Barbecue

Spitfire Barbecue
Ranked #245 of 1,793 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went with family and friends for a meal. Can smell the coals as you get closer to it. Inside was decent but due to popularity there is alot if traffic walking back and fourth at some tables.

Highly recommend the ribs but the first come first served warning is for any item. Family member was disappointed they couldn't get the hotdogs but happynto try again and alternative was just as good!

I'd give it five stars but service was a but sluggish and the time between ordering and meal arrival was lengthy, about 15 minutes waiting on our starters.

Otherwise great stuff, it's a tight market with bbq and grill houses across Bristol so you aren't missing out on too much other than their own recipes on some dishes. Bbq grill is pretty universal wherever you go and these people certainly know how to cook a solid dish. But not one that's going to change the state of bbq as you know it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food is very good and atmosphere and service even better. We were there for the first day of the new menu. We were a little disappointed at the price increase as my friend usually has the St Louis rib an she said the price had gone up an the portion gone down. But that's my only quarm really as wine was very good and good value for the house white. Servers were friendly and not overly attentive (which I prefer!) I will definately go again!!! Nacho wings were amazing!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

found this by accident just by walking along the waters edge of the docks always gets packed and i was told that i should of really booked but they did find my party a table ,the food is i would say southern us states ( texan louisana ) style we really liked it ,good deckor inside as well

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate here last night. Service was really good. The Spanish waitress was very helpful and efficient. We started with some lamb pops to start which were very tasty. I then opted for the spitfire st louis rib, and wow I’m so glad I did. It was so tasty and juicy a little bit steep in price at £22 but tasted very nice. The rest of the group also enjoyed their mains which included the half chicken and a hot dog. Will definitely return when I’m in the mood for some more ribs.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with a party of six, service was slightly slow but was well worth the wait for the tremendous food. Had the bacon cheeseburger which was great, tasty, moist and nowhere near as greasy as other similar restaurants, dirty fries were delicious but the slaw was utterly stunning and the best I've ever had. Really enjoyed.