“Simply in Pink, Very appealing. ”

Brewers Fayre Wessex Flyer
Ranked #123 of 168 Quick Bites in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Brewers Fayre we've thought of everything. Great value, great food, great family friendly atmosphere; we've got the lot. Our menu is packed full of family favourites all freshly prepared by our trained Chefs. The Wessex Flyer is a great family friendly restaurant. Ideally located next to the Gala Bingo for those lunchtime specials & Cineworld for when you're entertaining the kids. Our menu of classic pub food has all your favourite dishes, or why not help yourself to as much as you like from our all you can eat Chef's Counter? Stop by next time you're visiting Bristol Zoo, Bristol Aquarium or the Clifton Suspension Bridge
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ok arrived here on the recommendation of someone close. The assistant manager and the lady from Swansea with pink hair (Kez may have been her name) were the hosts of the evening. Normally one looks for a table and sits down. This time on arrival we were told to wait at the door before being shown to a table. On ordering the meals I could almost hear myself say I did not want the bbq sauce. However I was informed I had not which seemed odd as its something I always say as many of there sauces contain sugar.
The meal was taken away and I was reimbursed for the meal.
On delivery of the second meal the salad again had to be taken away as it was covered again with sauce.
Kez was very obliging and was very polite and thoughtful a very pleasant lady. The other staff were helpful even though the meal was spoilt I will be back one day soon.

Date of visit: April 2018
WessexFlyer, Manager at Brewers Fayre Wessex Flyer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your review for your recent visit to Wessex Flyer. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. Its great to hear that you really enjoyed your experiance. We will ensure your comments are shared with all of our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place as the hallmarks of being good but unfortunately bad management stops this.
Staff not trained and very very poor on customer service
A special mention should go to Cheryl who is in my 52 years the most obnoxious bar staff I have ever come across .
This speaks volumes when all staff have a name badge on but yes Cherylle dis not
I got her name from a member of staff.
Overall
Food micro standard brewers fayre
Drink ok
Staff. As I've said very very poor
But I'm led to believe Cheryl is a team leader
This is detriment not only to my visit
But will cost the company
Manners cost nothing

1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Use to really enjoy coming here but the place is not what it used to be. The previous managers worked hard to get this place working and did a marvellous job but since Matty gone it's a shadow if its former self. No customers at the bar and no around to chat to the old regulars seem to have gine. Toilets poor and the hand dryer works but doesn't do the job it was meant to. Such a shame as there are very few pubs in the area now. Wouldn't want to stay here looking at the breakfast stuff that was being put out at 2030. Staff not as pleasant now either

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing service, and wicked helpful staff, even they see me coming and know what I want 3x garlic chicken lol and a bucket of garlic mayo. Yeah yeah I love the mayo.
Jody is amazing as always and the funky punky girl (just look for the pink hear) is so helpful.
Love this place and Sunday’s is always spent there.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Went as party of 14 people for 60th Birthday meal and we all had a lovely time. The Waitresses were very friendly and lovely plus the food was great.The Bartender "Issac" was pleasant and accomadating, even though he was the only one working on the bar the whole time, we were there and seemed rushed off his feet he was polite and helpful, and served us with a smile so a credit to the company.

Date of visit: March 2018