“Great food, great atmosphere, one let down”
Review of Brace & Browns

Brace & Browns
Ranked #126 of 1,829 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I would like to give this place 5 stars but one waitress let us down massively. We went to celebrate our friend's 28th. Booked months in advance and were very excited about having our bottomless brunch. The only time slot we could get was 10am, which we were fine with. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable. By 12 our bottomless time was done so we proceeded to the garden area after spending well over £500. We were merry but polite. Not a single person was inappropriate but one waitress criticised endlessly. She made us feel unwelcome despite being polite but happy. She ruined our experience for no reason. If you do not want tipsy people being happy but polite then do not offer bottomless prosecco. Feel like this place is confused and should be grateful for the polite but up for it party they invite to the venue. Everything was perfect except for one member of staff. Poor employment.

2  Thank Siobhan K

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Managed to secure a table for bottomless brunch although it was a nightmare trying to do so and I wonder if there might be another way to try and make it easier for people?? Any chance email reservations could be made? Every other popular restaurant seems to manage without a process which equals trying to get a Glastonbury ticket in its difficulty level!! The place itself was nicer and more personal than I imagined. Brunch was lovely. A few of the dishes are quite similar with just slight variation (versions of bubble and squeak or poached eggs). They suggest ordering no more than two dishes per person but I wonder if that is an effort to try and produce less food for you in the time slot (you have two hours). Food took a while to first come up but following that we ordered more than two dishes each and it was fine. We had gone for The Weekender so had prosecco and a Bloody Mary included. They were good at keeping on top of top ups and it was an excellent Bloody Mary - nice and spicy. Thinking about it, we didn't get offered our dessert... Think we had run out of time on our table? Complimentary pastries were offered before we started ordering which was nice. I did really enjoy it and would try and get a table again but I really think a better booking system could be put into place!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I have been lucky enough to enjoy the famous "bottomless brunch" on three occasions. On the first two occasions I could not fault the experience. The service was fantastic, friendly, attentive, making helpful suggestions, our glasses and table were never empty. The food was amazing, fantastic value for money. The third occasion (which was at the beginning of June) was not so great. The experience was by no means bad but after having such amazing experiences the first two times obviously I had high expectations. We were sat in the basement next to the Ipod dock, which was very noisy (I've seen other complaints about this table so I think this does need to be addressed), it seems to be a lot of staff's first day which was a problem. It took ages to receive any food, orders were forgotten, glasses were empty (with bottomless processo that is not aim of the day). However when some of these issues were flagged to the more experienced staff they took steps to remedy the orders and drinks. I would definitely go again as we still had good time overall but hopefully it is not getting to be a victim of its own success.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

After 8 million unanswered calls, I finally got to go to the infamous Bottomless Brunch with a few friends at the weekend. After all the hype I was expecting to be a teensy bit disappointed but alas no! The service was fantastic, I never once saw the bottom of my glass. The food was on another level...the poached egg with black pudding on a hash brown was heavenly! Had I knew that Saturday folk had the luxury of a 3 hour slot rather than the 2 hours we Sunday people got, I would have requested a different day however this may quite possibly have resulted in my death due to gluttony so it all worked out fine.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Visited Brace & Browns for a Bottomless brunch last weekend for a friends Birthday. As always the food was excellent and the staff were very welcoming! The bottomless prosecco is an absolute winner would recommend to anyone!