Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Trip.com
USD 71
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
2,192 results
All reviews kiln restaurant double tree glass kiln warm cookies city centre king room train station lovely hotel temple meads station reception staff good size car parking comfortable stay stayed for one night comfy bed saturday night cabot circus
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

I booked 4 Nights, superior king room , on arrival I checked in so good so far. Went to room found no fridge tried to call reception no answer so packed up and went down to ask for a room with fridge and working phone, was told there’s no fridges since COVID !! and given new room key... room had phone but was hot and stuffy the AC fan was not working ... so went back down, new room again ... phone and AC ... went for bath — NO hot water for bath shower or sink , well to be honest it was tepid.
Curtains to narrow for window and letting in noise thought window was left open but it was closed ..
So I’m checking out after just one night out of my booked 4

I’m not happy, this is the second doubletree this year I’ve not been happy with it’s becoming a trend !

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank I9856AEdavids
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

I recently stayed here on two separate occasions in March as I was traveling for essential work during the lockdown. Given the circumstances, the hotel was not in its full operation but there were still some positive points. First, the area is very central and close to the train station. The parking is just in front of the hotel and that is convenient. The rooms have both instant coffee and pod coffee choices which is nice. Two out of three of the front desk reception workers were nice and pleasant. I won’t mention names because I want to be kind but one of them is pretty awful and rude. I had a major maintenance issue with my room and had to ask for reimbursement towards the rate where it should have just been offered. The whole thing felt really unfortunate and embarrassing. Finally, the room was not spectacularly clean but it was acceptable on both occasions. On one instance it was clear there was a used coffee cup. Improvements can be made.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank laurenj1978
Reviewed 16 December 2020

Stayed here on business, awful hotel. Paid for parking directly to the hotel at check in. Got a fine a few weeks later from a faceless company claiming I had not paid. Appealed sending the invoice showing that I had paid but rejected. Hotel claim it's nothing to do with them, if that's the case why do I pay the hotel? Loads of better hotels in Bristol.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D4379HCadamm
Reviewed 3 November 2020

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in September whilst visiting friends in Bristol. On checking-in we were given an accessible room which we didn't need and therefore had to re-check in to another room. We were informed that we could park in the car park for roughly 20 minutes whilst doing this (we then moved the car to another location). On returning home we received a £100 parking ticket which would not be overturned, despite me explaining that we were staying in the hotel and the slight delay in moving the car was due to the mess up with the room. The hotel refused to help me with this when I called them and said to contact Smart Parking directly. Fair enough we were in the car park for 30 minutes overall but that is because we were checked into the wrong type of room. The walls are also paper thin and we were woken in the middle of the night by the room next door having some form of gathering which lasted a few hours. No tea of coffee making facilities in the room. Will absolutely not be returning and I recommend looking at other hotels if you are looking to stay in Bristol!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank A1774WKlauram
James Headford, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately if you do stay over the time allocated for loading and unloading the car parking company will issue the appropriate fine - as detailed in the signage around the hotel.

I can confirm that all our rooms have tea/coffee making facilities - which are located in the cupboard in each of the rooms - I am sorry you did not see these during your stay with us. We do have a manned 24 hour reception team who are there to help with any guests requests or for any assistance.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

We came with tredidation about COVID but all was done very well. Delightful reception staff and we were upgraded to a lovely room with a seating area. The carpark had plenty of space which was a relief. Loved the restaurant for breakfast , a beautiful architectural gem and perfect for COVID spacing. Good to be able to choose breakfast items too rather than just plated. Had a lovely time - thankyou!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Exeterexplore

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback your positive comments regarding your stay with us. It is always great to read such positive comments which I will shared with the team members.

We hope to see you again soon.