2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUSD 95
Expedia.comUSD 95
CheapTicketsUSD 95
2,192 results
All reviews kiln restaurant double tree glass kiln warm cookies city centre king room train station lovely hotel temple meads station reception staff good size car parking comfortable stay stayed for one night comfy bed saturday night cabot circus
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

I recently stayed here on two separate occasions in March as I was traveling for essential work during the lockdown. Given the circumstances, the hotel was not in its full operation but there were still some positive points. First, the area is very central and close to the train station. The parking is just in front of the hotel and that is convenient. The rooms have both instant coffee and pod coffee choices which is nice. Two out of three of the front desk reception workers were nice and pleasant. I won’t mention names because I want to be kind but one of them is pretty awful and rude. I had a major maintenance issue with my room and had to ask for reimbursement towards the rate where it should have just been offered. The whole thing felt really unfortunate and embarrassing. Finally, the room was not spectacularly clean but it was acceptable on both occasions. On one instance it was clear there was a used coffee cup. Improvements can be made.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank laurenj1978
Reviewed 16 December 2020

Stayed here on business, awful hotel. Paid for parking directly to the hotel at check in. Got a fine a few weeks later from a faceless company claiming I had not paid. Appealed sending the invoice showing that I had paid but rejected. Hotel claim it's nothing to do with them, if that's the case why do I pay the hotel? Loads of better hotels in Bristol.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D4379HCadamm
Reviewed 3 November 2020

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in September whilst visiting friends in Bristol. On checking-in we were given an accessible room which we didn't need and therefore had to re-check in to another room. We were informed that we could park in the car park for roughly 20 minutes whilst doing this (we then moved the car to another location). On returning home we received a £100 parking ticket which would not be overturned, despite me explaining that we were staying in the hotel and the slight delay in moving the car was due to the mess up with the room. The hotel refused to help me with this when I called them and said to contact Smart Parking directly. Fair enough we were in the car park for 30 minutes overall but that is because we were checked into the wrong type of room. The walls are also paper thin and we were woken in the middle of the night by the room next door having some form of gathering which lasted a few hours. No tea of coffee making facilities in the room. Will absolutely not be returning and I recommend looking at other hotels if you are looking to stay in Bristol!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank A1774WKlauram
James Headford, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately if you do stay over the time allocated for loading and unloading the car parking company will issue the appropriate fine - as detailed in the signage around the hotel.

I can confirm that all our rooms have tea/coffee making facilities - which are located in the cupboard in each of the rooms - I am sorry you did not see these during your stay with us. We do have a manned 24 hour reception team who are there to help with any guests requests or for any assistance.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

We came with tredidation about COVID but all was done very well. Delightful reception staff and we were upgraded to a lovely room with a seating area. The carpark had plenty of space which was a relief. Loved the restaurant for breakfast , a beautiful architectural gem and perfect for COVID spacing. Good to be able to choose breakfast items too rather than just plated. Had a lovely time - thankyou!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Exeterexplore

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback your positive comments regarding your stay with us. It is always great to read such positive comments which I will shared with the team members.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

Hotel room was fine, was clean and a decent size. Had two nights of awful sleep due to being kept up by neighbouring room- the walls are SO thin and could hear EVERYTHING (I mean everything- from going to the loo/having a shower/watching tv to other loud noises from the couple next door which we definitely did not want to hear at 4am each night). Bottle of Prosecco was included in our room but never received. Was told that we could go down to the bar for a glass (not bottle) but bar was shut the entire time. Breakfast slightly grim but edible. Wouldn’t recommend if you actually want to sleep.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank imsarah53

Thank you for your feedback and comments for your recent stay with us.

I am sorry your stay with us was disturbed by other guests and you didn't receive your bottle of prosecco. If you want to email us via our website with details of your booking I can check this for you.

We do have a 24 hour manned reception desk who are always available to assist with any queries guests have during their stay with us - and if we have got anything wrong we have the opportunity to 'makeitright' for them.

We do hope you will come and visit us again.