Lowest prices for your stay
USD 95
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
USD 95
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
USD 71
PricelineUSD 95
Hotels.comUSD 95
TravelocityUSD 95
2,192 results
All reviews kiln restaurant double tree glass kiln warm cookies city centre king room train station lovely hotel temple meads station reception staff good size car parking comfortable stay stayed for one night comfy bed saturday night cabot circus
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Everything you'd expect from a Double Tree except there was no water pressure in the shower or toilet. There was musty smell in the room probably from a previous water leak. The hotel is being renovated from another brand but that's the hotels problem to work around.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am sorry that your were a little disappointed with your room. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to see what might have caused the problems you experienced. My Head Housekeeper has ensured me that there will be no further issues with regard 'musty smells'.

I am not entirely sure exactly what you were describing about renovations? We do have a little building work being carried out on site but we also have our neighbours completing some repairs to the side of their building. Perhaps this is what you were refering to?

I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back and potentially increase the rating that you have awarded us for this stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Pleasent 2 days in Bristol, Hotel a bit on expensive side but well situated and a comfortable stay. Signs in the local area directing us to the hotel would have been helpful as we found it hard to find

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing an online review of your time with us.

I am pleased to read that we were part of a good visit to Bristol. Our central location has good and bad points. Good - no part of central Bristol is more than a 10 minute walk away. Bad - sometimes Bristol's traffic and road network can be frustrating. However I see the good outweighing the bad very easily. Once the cars parked, you can forget about it for the remainder of your visit. In fact, don't even bring the car. Bristol Temple Meads train station is about 4 minutes walk away.

I do hope you will come and stay with us again, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed here twice in a week and had very different experiences. It's not easy to get to if you are in a car as you can only access it from one direction. They are doing construction and much of the lower floors are impacted. My second stay I was on the 1st floor and it was pretty awful: loud, no heat one night, no internet and roasting hot the next. The bar staff work hard and aim to please. The front desk staff are slow and confused. I won't be back.

3  Thank ThatchersBiscuit

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

As a city centre located hotel we, like all of Bristol’s main hotels, are at the mercy of the local road network, however we do have two separate entrances to the hotel. Our website does contain very clear instructions for those people looking for directions to the hotel who are arriving by car.

I am sorry that you experienced some issues with noise, heating and with connectivity to our complimentary wifi. We have since had a visit from our Wifi engineers. They have boosted the signal strength throughout the hotel, so this should lead to a makerd improvment in connectivity. We are making some alterations to the hotel currently. We are working very closely with the builders to ensure that there is minimal disruption to the normal hotel operations.

I am sorry that you will not be returning to the hotel.

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed with the Hampton by hilton and was recommended by the senior management to visit the Kiln restaurant at your property. We visited on 30th Jan 2016. The restaurant in charge Matt was welcoming took special care to our table. The decor of the restaurant is explicit and waiting staff is excellent. We went for the special set menu and had a champagne dinner. We must say the food presentation, flavour and the portion size was great. The staff is professional and very courteous it's a must visit for fine dining lovers if you are visiting Bristol.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Destinationtoexcel
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your recent visit to our Kiln restaurant.

I am very pleased that you followed the recommendation and decided to dine with us. Our Kiln restaurant is a very unusual setting to dine in. A former glass kiln, it was incorporated into the design of the hotel back in the 1970s, when the hotel was developed. You will struggle to find similar surroundings within the UK.

It's great to read that Matt and the team looked after you so well. I have passed on my thanks to the team and your kind words are very much appreciated.

Once again a big thank you for choosing to come and dine with us. I do hope that you might return to Bristol in the not-to-distant future and that you might consider spending some more time with us.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

I came with my friend to Bristol for a short stay and explore the city. Lisa (receptionist) was very friendly. Smooth check-in after we had a tiring journey to get to the hotel with bad weather. We loved the twin bedroom but the bathroom was too small. Imagine you put a bath mat on the floor and you couldn't close the bathroom door. Apart from this, everything else was perfect.

We loved the restaurant so much, enjoyed having breakfast there with the unique design.

We will definitely come back :) thank you team.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and for selecting to stay with us for your visit to Bristol.

I have personally thanked Lisa for the excellent check-in that you experienced. We pride ourselves on having a very warm and friendly team here and it's great to read that you would agree.

People find the Kiln Restaurant quite eye opening when visiting for the first time. It leaves quite an impression and I doubt you would find another similar restaurant space elsewhere.

I do hope that you might choose to return to Bristol in the near future. I would like to be able to welcome your return and perhaps earn a 5/5 score.