All reviews gold bar complimentary gin and sherry corner suite former bank high bed corn street white company toiletries nelson street steam room huge comfy bed small pool mini bar lovely hotel listed building fabulous stay lovely room coffee machine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a Sunday night stay here as we were going to a gig nearby.
We arrived to very happy and welcoming reception staff who checked us in quick and easy.
We got a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe double room which was just excellent! HUGE bed, lovely bath and massive shower.
Complimentary sherry and gin went down very well.
Spa was lovely and the dinner and included breakfast were both very good.
Everywhere was clean and tidy and all the staff were very friendly.

As for the surrounding area it’s very close to all the central shopping areas, and we used Uber to get to and from the hotel, both of which were no problem atall.

10/10 would stay again and would definitely recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ojoeco
GrantC1097, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ojoeco,

Thank you for your recent review and choosing to stay at the Bristol Harbour Hotel, I'm delighted you had an a great stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us booked this spa to celebrate my sisters birthday however...

Let’s start with the positives my treatment was lovely and the afternoon tea which was included was lovely.

Now the negatives. We all had the same treatment and whilst mine was lovely as was lady who did my salt scrub. My niece said her person had a cold didn’t speak to her and sniffed the whole way through. My sisters forgot to do the skin brushing element of the treatment and my friends all felt very rushed.

The spa it’s self is tiny and quirky. Tiny pool very dark and in need of a good tidy. There is no natural light and the only proper seats are in reception. This In itself it would’ve been fine if the spa wasn’t packed. There were a lot of people booked in and staff showing residents around. The changing rooms are tiny and the staff don’t give you a key to your locker but kept them in reception. We asked why and they said they didn’t have enough. There are limited hooks to hang robes and towels and when it’s busy it’s crazy. My robe ended up on the floor and was soaking wet.

We asked for coffee when we arrived which we had to have in the reception area. People kept squeezing past. The only saving grace was we didn’t get charged for them (even though we did ask to pay)

It’s not really a spa to book no residents in if the keep the facilities for residents only then I imagine it would be ok - not great but ok (if they keep it tidy).

I didn’t complain on the day as it was my sisters birthday but perhaps I should’ve.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2018

What a lovely hotel and what warm and friendly staff. Each one of them made us feel welcome from the reception staff to the restaurant to the spa.
The hotel is situated in an attractive and quiet street, opposite the entrance to St Nicholas covered market and within metres of dozens of places to eat, either street food or in restaurants.
Unasked, we were given an upgrade to a corner room with an enormous twin-basin bathroom and huge shower. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the air-conditioning could be fine-tuned. In spite of being on the first floor and facing onto the road the room was both quiet and private.
There is a wonderful spa in what was once the vaults of the original bank and on a midweek evening it was quiet and atmospheric.
Loved my stay and would thoroughly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank culturevulturelady
GrantC1097, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear culturevulturelady,

Thank you for your recent review and choosing to stay at the Bristol Harbour Hotel. I'm really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, this was our first stay and I am sure we will be back. The hotel room was very clean with a really comfy bed and fluffy towels. We used the spa in the afternoon which we had to our selves, it was really unique as it was in the vaults. Again very clean.
My only slight negative was the local bar woke me up in the night emptying there bottle bins in the early hours of the morning. But another than that the hotel was very quiet. Thanks for a great stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 369talh

Dear 369talh,

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Third visit and booking my next stay.
From check in to check out the service is exceptional
I mentioned it was our anniversary and they kindly gave us champagne and cake to celebrate
Great bar, great spa. Only thing I could query is the WiFi in the corner suite is patchy but take the opportunity to go offline and relax.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GrantC1097, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear vickicheltenham,

Thank you for your recent review and choosing to stay at the Bristol Harbour Hotel. I'm delighted you had an enjoyed the stay and I hope we can welcome you back soon.