“Evening meal afetr sightseeeing”
Review of England's Gate Inn

England's Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bodenham
Price range: USD 7 - USD 19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Popped in after booking for an evening meal. Service good meal fine. My husband really enjoyed his steak pie while I thought the belly pork OK it looked a little tired and re-heated. Veg fine. Beer good.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Leonora C

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food and superb service what an absolute GEM of a place...can't wait to go back to try the Sunday roast...great place with good prices

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The pub is a lovely old pub with lots of character.
Came to the supposed beer, cider and sausage festival.
Nightmare to get served in the pub.
Paid for a burger and hot dog and fries with both to have a few fries squeezed on the the polystyrene tray (£2.50 for the fries each) on looking at others good they had a tray of chips separate. The alleged hot dog was a small sausage that was lost in the middle of the roll. Realised after I was overcharged aswell . But didn't complain as the disorganised staff looked at the end of their patience.
Could have been so much better organised and a better way of queing for food. No serviettes either so glad I didn't choose the curry that I saw balanced in the polystyrene tray - an accident waiting to be spilt.
Probably won't give the restaurant food a try even though reviews ate good. I was told that previous years the food had been superb-sadly not at this event

Date of visit: July 2018
6  Thank Lesley M
Reviewed 4 July 2018

A lovely old inn with great original features and flagstone floors. Interesting menu with plenty of choice for vegetarians. Nice presentation with lots of choice when it comes to burgers and toppings. Staff are pleasant. Lovely gardens. Great place for a lazy hot summer evening

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Well all I can say is this cheeky little number just keeps on giving.

My wife and I decided to pop out for some lunch with the children following a wonderful experience last time.

We both went for the gate burger and pizza and chips for our daughter off the children’s menu, I must say both were delicious, and served promptly which meant that my daughter had little time to get bored.

There was one twist which made the lunch that little bit more special. A side serving of corn on the cob, very different to any I have ever tasted. I’m not sure how it was cooked but it was certainly different, I did ask the charming bar lady who was reluctant to give the secret away, she however was very pleasant and catered for our every need.

I strongly recommend the gate burger and I hope any future customers are fortunate to have the corn on the cob!

Date of visit: June 2018