All reviews bison van service day hike laid back vibe private bath common room continental breakfast san pedro beautiful property queen bed fresh fruit safari bus only game in town white cheese isthmus harbours patio
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Everyone at Banning House was amazing, from the complimentary shuttle service to town to the immaculate rooms and best breakfast with a view around. The wine and cheese each night is a great touch as well! I can't think of a better way to experience Catalina Island. We will be back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Banning House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Zach,
Thank you for choosing the Banning House Lodge. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

You really can see both harbors from this property. Although we do not visit B&B's often this one is very unique. Serenity and privacy all around, at least in May when we visited.
Hiking,biking,snorkeling,fishing,boating, reading, sleeping, eating, drinking....whatever your thing is, they have it! Loved the evening wine parties and enjoyed a full continental breakfast.

Room Tip: For something really special they do have a nicer room with a private balcony
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Banning House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Shelly,

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2017.
Our room with a patio overlooked the 2 harbors.
Service was EXCELLENT!
Staff was very friendly & helpful.
Breakfast was very good.
Afternoon fresh fruit & homemade cookies every afternoon!
Wine & Cheese at 5PM each day was very nice.
Complimentary shuttle service to the harbor was provided hourly until 8PM.
They met us at the dock when we arrived.
The public rooms were very inviting, with period furniture.
Our room had been freshly painted.
We had Room 2, which had a queen bed plus 2 twin beds.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Banning House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear LJ,
Thank you for choosing the Banning House Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

WOW. I consider myself a hotel snob.... I don't need it to be fancy or perfect in any way. What I crave is an experience. Banning House Lodge gave me just that. In fact, the room was not perfect (just some rust in the bathroom.... but heck, its an island!). The experience the lodge provided was perfect though! We had just finished a hike to camp at Little Harbor (tough hike!) so were happy to reach a destination with a bed and a shower. There are no TVs in the bedrooms which forced my husband and I to have even more bonding time. The view from the room was incredible. We headed out to the common area balcony where we enjoyed some wine and watched the sunset. It was neat, you could see both harbors from the balcony. I took a neat pano picture on my phone and you can clearly see why the area is called Two Harbors :) We found the common room and spent the night playing games and doing puzzles. It was such a relaxing, sweet evening. The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast while overlooking one of the harbors. Banning House is a must!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alena A

Dear Alena,
Thank you for choosing the Banning House Lodge. I'm glad to hear that you and your husband were able to relax and reconnect. We look forward to welcoming back again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We went for wkend for peace and quiet and our first day was wonderful with Ashley doing all she could to accomodate us - room had great view, wonderfully peaceful - great breakfast next morning. But Ashley off that day and staff on were about as miserable as could be. Typical local attitude toward the evil tourist - grumbling, delaying and just nasty. So, if your planning -try to go when Ashley working otherwise be prepared for attitude

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Drew,
Thank you for choosing the Banning House Lodge. I appreciate your kind feedback regarding Ashley, but am disheartened to hear about your perception of the other staff. I will certainly take a look at this matter. If you wish to reach out to me, please email social@scico.com.